Question 3 Across - New Midsize Sedan

hemant09

Hi - I will be purchasing a new vehicle this summer, we currently have 2014 Odyssey and this car will be mainly driven by just the driver but would like to have the flexibility to accommodate 3 kids for short pick up / drop off trips. I am trying to stay away from a larger SUV and would prefer a midsize. The 2019 Honda Accord or 2019 Subaru Legacy seem to have the most rear space and the widest rear middle seat of the cars I have looked at.

My Kids are 8 years old (50lbs, 54 inches), 6 years old (46 lbs, 48 inches) and 11 months.

The 11 month old is currently in a SnugRide Click Connect 30 and would like to purchase an extra base and use this seat. I have been trying to figure out a combination of boosters for the other 2 kids that can work and get access to the seat belts (have been using a Harmony Youth Booster and a Harmony Dreamtime HBB as testers in vehicles as they seem to be the narrowest that we have in the extended family) but I can't quite get anything to work although the Legacy and Accord are the closest.

Any suggestions on appropriate boosters or midsize vehicles that could work?

Thanks.

ADS

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
How tall and heavy is your baby? I'd probably just install the Snugride baseless the few times the baby is in this car. Save some money.

Your Harmony boosters for the older two are probably the narrowest. Did you try different positions within the vehicle?

Wendy

hemant09

The baby is 21lbs and 28 inches, I have tried different positions and different boosters in pretty much every mid size car. The only other options seems to be a Mifold but they don't seem all that great or safe.

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
So you only have two inches, tops, before your baby outgrows the Snugride. You also need more than 1" of shell above the baby's head. I definitely wouldn't spend the money on another base for this car.

Have you tried the Cosco Rise or the Bubble Bum?

Wendy

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
Oh, sorry, I had no idea you were in Canada. That's really important to know when making recommendations.

Wendy

hemant09

Are there budget friendly options for narrow convertible car seats for the soon to be 1 year old. I don't mind investing the money in a Diono or Clek Fllo for the main passenger vehicle, but for the occasional travel in the second vehicle are there other options that could work?

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC