Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread

Fitting five in a 2015 Odyssey

I am pregnant with my fifth child, and will need to fit a combination of five car seats and boosters in my 2015 Honda Odyssey. I'd love some advice on how to best pull it off.

Child #1: 9 years old, 56", 71 pounds
    Child #2: 7 years old, 48", 45 pounds
    Child #3: 4 years old, 42", 41 pounds***
    Child #4: 2 years old, 36", 35 pounds
    Child #5: newborn

***This child fights with others and will put his foot in a closing door, so I prefer to have him away from others and away from the door. I also had to turn him to forward-facing yesterday because he unbuckled his car seat from the car (seat belt installation) with his toes, and then unbuckled his sister's seat as well. Forward-facing, he can no longer reach the seat belt buckles.

These are the seats/boosters that we own:
    Britax Advocate x2
    Britax Frontier x1
    Britax Highpoint x1
    Britax Pinnacle x1

I have had my eye on a Nuna Pipa - would love to use one for the baby, as it would work with our stroller - please let me know if you think it's a good choice and if it will work.

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Carseat Crazy

Re: Fitting five in a 2015 Odyssey

Is your Odyssey 7 or 8 passenger?
    -Reta
    Former CPST
    Mom of V, born 6/2014, FF in a Pioneer and Boulevard G4
    G dog, rescued 6/2016, in a belted SturdiBag

It's an 8-passenger

I'm looking at the Maxi-Cosi RodiFix or the Peg Perego Flex 120...does anyone know about using these in the 2nd row center seat?

CPST and ketchup snob ketchupqueen's Avatar

I have a Flex 120 second row center and it fits perfectly! If you use a Pipa second row you can only put it driver's side if you want to use the load leg; it can't use the load leg center or passenger because of spare tire storage compartment there. It could go anywhere in the third row.

I currently have a Pipa driver's side, Peg Flex 120 center, in wide mode. Can fold the second row passenger for third row access (where we have a booster and a 5-stepper.)

The third row is so tricky for 3 across I'd consider similar if I were you. 7 year old next to the baby or 2 year old in a Flex, 9 year old in an incognito so the passenger seat can be folded, put the other 2 in the rear.
    CPST and Mom to Emma, 15, Bridget, 13, Maggie, 11, Katie Sue, 6, Jimmy, born May 2019,
    and Becky, waiting for us as part of our eternal family.
    Our '02 Odyssey, car seats, and seatbelts saved our lives. Now riding in a '13 Odyssey!

Can the driver's side captain's chair slide forward for 3rd row access with the Pipa base? Thanks for letting me know about the load leg - I had no idea! I always put the infant seat behind the driver's seat, anyway, but good to know!

CPST and ketchup snob ketchupqueen's Avatar

No, even if not using the load leg, which prevents you moving it at all, you wouldn't have room to slide the base forward enough to let a child through with the base installed.
    CPST and Mom to Emma, 15, Bridget, 13, Maggie, 11, Katie Sue, 6, Jimmy, born May 2019,
    and Becky, waiting for us as part of our eternal family.
    Our '02 Odyssey, car seats, and seatbelts saved our lives. Now riding in a '13 Odyssey!