Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread
    Unregistered

RF convertible in 2015 Nissan Juke?

Hi! Can anyone offer advice on a convertible car seat for a Nissan Juke? DS is 8 months old, roughly 24lbs and probably around 31in at this point. DH and I are both 6'2". We're currently using a Graco 35 Click Connect and kiddo is just too big and heavy and it's a real hassle trying to get him in and out. Looking to switch to a convertible (obviously RF for now), but would ideally like something that gives the passenger a little more leg room as the Graco currently has my husband's knees in the dash.

I've seen the Combi Coccoro recommended, but I'm confused on possible RF weight limits.

Any recommendations would be appreciated!

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Admin - CPST Instructor wendytthomas's Avatar

Re: RF convertible in 2015 Nissan Juke?

I wouldn't get the Coccoro for such a tall little guy. The 36"/33 pound limits would be very very short lived for you.

I'd look at the Graco Extend2Fit or Graco Sequel/Sequence, or the Safety 1st Grow and Go EX Air. They're very compact because they can sit quite upright, and they are very tall. The Extend2Fit and Safety 1st rear face to 50 pounds. The Sequel/Sequence rear face to 40 pounds. The Gracos will last longer forward facing by torso height.

Wendy
    wendy, cpst-i mom to
    piper, 7/26/02, 62", 108#, seatbelt, driving her own car
    laine 9/16/09, 54", 96#, Nuna Aaces, Diono Solana 2
    in my husband's 2018 Toyota Land Cruiser, my 2017 Volvo XC90, and big sister's 2016 Honda Civic
    https://www.car-seat.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1353&dateline=1552329  785

Unregistered

Thank you so much! That is exactly what I needed to hear about the height/weight limits. And none of those other options were on our radar! I really appreciate your help!

Admin - CPST Instructor wendytthomas's Avatar

You're welcome!

Wendy
    wendy, cpst-i mom to
    piper, 7/26/02, 62", 108#, seatbelt, driving her own car
    laine 9/16/09, 54", 96#, Nuna Aaces, Diono Solana 2
    in my husband's 2018 Toyota Land Cruiser, my 2017 Volvo XC90, and big sister's 2016 Honda Civic
    https://www.car-seat.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1353&dateline=1552329  785