Sunshine Kids Monterey Booster Car Steat - Monterey Pink

ADS

Jewels

Senior Community Member
I've seen a picture of the Monterey but not in pink, from this thread. It looks like a very nice booster :thumbsup: I also saw the dimentions but . . . :whistle:

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
When it comes out, I'm seriously considering selling my Parkway + Compass B510 for it ... since it has more EPS foam & the back can be detached for travel (if only Leila will put up with non animal print) :whistle: Although, the Parkway is so perfect for tight squeezes! :eek:

Can't anyone confirm my fuzzy memory that it may have LATCH straps (not rigid) :confused:

JOII

Actually its the dern Monarch in both my posts!! :whistle: Disregard my mushy brain please.

:rolleyes:

Jewels

Senior Community Member
Can't anyone confirm my fuzzy memory that it may have LATCH straps (not rigid) :confused:

I heard it is LATCH/UAS compatible and it is supposed to hold a higher weight and taller children.

Sunshine Kids

I saved the best for last. The Monterey booster (link follows).

looks like the Monarch, but . . .

• torso wings are width-adjustable
  • height adjusts to 21.5"
  • it's deep for long legs
  • deep cupholders
  • converts to backless
  • LATCH! (though not rigid)
  • EPS foam in head, armrests, torso
  • $129
  • release date in February

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y172/murphydog77/montereyflyer2.jpg

CDNTech

Senior Community Member
LATCH/UAS Compatible
Up to 120lbs! and over 5' tall!
Release date has been pushed back to Spring due to Chinese new year... apparently it slows down production

I'm supposed to get pictures of the final colours once they've been photographed.

The Torso wings adjust from 13.7" to 19.9" wide (interior measurements)
The height adjusts from 26" to 33" tall (exterior measurments)
The base is 15.3" wide
The torso wings are 19" wide at their narrowest and 22.5" wide when opened all the way (exterior measurements)

The armrests make the seat 17.25" wide (exterior measurement)
The bum width is 10.5" at the bight of the seat between the armrests (interior measurement)
The seating depth is 14.8" front to back
The height of the booster when used as a backless is 9.75"

If I could figure out a way to post a pdf document, I have pictures with all this info. Someday I'll become computer literate. ;)

Gypsy

Senior Community Member
I am really excited about this booster. I was going to get it for my dd anyways, even at her protests "it's not pink!" but now, with them offering a pink, it will make us both happy!

Here is the response I got from Russ

Lisa,

Thank oyou veyr much for your interest in our new Monterey booster. Monterey will be available starting in February. And, yes, there will be a pink cover. We shoudl be receiving final pre-produciton cover samples in a couple of weeks which we will photograph. So, give me a couple of weeks, and I can send photos.

FYI - we have received just an incredible response to Monterey - from every single retailer, distributor, and CPST at the recent SafeKids conference in DC. It really is a great restraint and we are excited to begin making it.

I will email you with photos when we have them, but please send me an email again in a couple of weeks - just to remind me!

Thanks!

Russ

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
Montereyspecs.jpg

CDNTech

Senior Community Member
Haven't heard of one yet... we'll have to wait for the manual.

I don't think it's quite the same as a child restraint in that the LATCH is not holding the child in (the seatbelt does that job), it is just keeping the booster in place (especially when there is no child in the vehicle). No more worrying about buckling unoccupied boosters.

I can't wait to read the manual and learn the specifics.

Does anyone know what the Clek manual says about LATCH? It can also be connected with LATCH and is a backless booster.

Jewels

Senior Community Member
Is there a weight limit on the LATCH with this booster?

This is all i've heard:

Monterey willbe available this spring in Canada (for some reason everyone always forgets about Chinese New year and how it affects production)
Monterey is designed to offer the performance and protection of a high-back booster for childrne up to 120 lbs and�more than 5' tall. (check out the measurements) It's also LATCH/UAS compatible.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC