Odyssey seatbelt jamming on Frontier clicktight beltpath plastic

m2h

I have two Frontier CTs in my 2017 Odyssey. They're new (accident replacements 6 mo ago). I had one in the middle, third row seat (alone back there), and the other in the driver side 2nd row. I noticed that the seatbelt buckle is getting caught on the plastic edge of the beltpath on the back Frontier, and actually splitting the plastic on the Frontier, so I moved it to the passenger side 2nd row. As soon as I click it shut, the same problem is happening. I thought it was just the one seat, and now I see the plastic starting to bend/split on the seatbelt securing the other Frontier as well. The action of clicking the CT is pulling the very long beltstalks up too high and the seatbelt buckle is jamming on the plastic ledge. I think it might also be damaging the seatbelt buckle (see pics). I emailed Britax with description and pics and they want me to call to discuss further, which I plan to do as soon as I reliably have alone time to call. In the meantime, what is going on? Has this happened to anyone else? Is it okay to twist the seatbelt stalks to shorten them and hopefully keep the buckle below the plastic ledge on the carseat? If yes, how many rotations are okay? I'm concerned because the belt buckle is showing white marks, the beltpath plastic is splitting and also, I can't really tell if the seat is installed tightly, or just feels tight because the buckle is jammed under the plastic. Oh, and the riders are 4 and 6 yrs old, 40lbs/41" and 46lbs/44". Thank for any advice/thoughts.

Attachments

• IMG_7446.jpg
    IMG_7446.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_7448.jpg
    IMG_7448.jpg
    104.6 KB · Views: 5
ADS

m2h

Okay, Britax says I'm installing too tight. Gotta leave an inch of movement in the beltpath before putting the clicktight down. Gonna try that. Now waiting to hear from Honda whether I've damaged my seatbelt buckle.

MelodyoftheForest

It looks like the pressure is just on the edge, so hopefully it hasn’t affected the mechanics of the buckle. Buckle stalks can be twisted up to 2 full rotations. Twist as little as possible for it to work.

m2h

I tried what Britax suggested and it helped a lot. I also had to twist one of the seatbelt stalks down one full rotation to keep it below the plastic. Thanks for your replies about the twists - now I know I have some wiggle room in twisting down should the seats compress over time and this issue pops back up again.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC