I think I need a break from car seats!

tl01

Today I took two of my seats out of the car, brought them in the house, and adjusted the harness heights on DS's seats. After reinstalling them, I went to put him in his high chair and as I strapped him in, I had a moment where I was making sure the high chair harnesses were at the correct height.:p Am I the first person to forget it's just a high chair and not a car seat?

ADS
well i guess the highchair is just as important as the car seat. I used to work with a child brain damaged after falling from a highchair onto the floor :(
She was a lovely child too, but so much work. Bless her.

on the other hand, it's bad when you check the height on your own belt, and that of other adult passengers!

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
I freak out when I see kids in pictures in loose harnesses, and then realize they're sitting in a stroller and not a carseat. To me a harness equals carseat. LOL I could never get the harness on Piper's high chair tight enough around her to mess with it. It was just always too loose and she could get out nearly any time she wanted.

Wendy

mimieliza

DH was fretting because the straps on DD's stroller are still really loose on her, and I had to remind him that it's not a carseat, they don't have to be super tight. :)

griffinmom

Moderator - CPST Instructor
I once had a father come to a seat check. He was quite flustered by the whole "becoming a parent thing" which is certainly understandable.

When he opened his trunk to get out the car seat for installation, he realized he brought the high chair box instead. We had to say politely that we don't do high chairs!;)

Fortunately, he lived nearby and he was able to go home and retrieve the car seat box before the check ended!!

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Oh, I am just beyond upset that the shoulder slots on DD's Chicco Polly highchair are below her shoulders already...no, you aren't alone, lol (Actually, we don't even use them, the 3 pt lapbelt holds her in fine, but just the thought of the harness slots being so low gives me the heebie jeebies... like she'll get a spinal compression injury when I push her seat around FF? LOL!!!!)
And I really want to put a chest clip on her stroller harnesses lately... she likes fastening them so it'll distract her from screaming when I put her in her stroller :D
Does anyone else freak out in the back of their mind when they see a baby riding FF in a stroller...? I have to remind myself they don't have to ride RF at walking speeds, lol.

:)

skipspin

You mean when I was inadvertently doinf the test for 1" or less of movement on my FP space-saving high chair (booster seat)? DH reminded me it was just for in the house. LOL. FWIW, I have NO movement at the buckle-path, DS's head is still under the top of the seat shell and the shoulder straps are just above his shoulders. (Not that I ever buckle the shoulder straps anyway...)

ymherrera

hahaha I have caught myself doing the same thing too and giving DH the "evil eye" as I watch him strap him into his chair! haha he actually told me the other day "It doesn't have a chest clip ok?!"

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC