2018 Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid and Britax Advocate, Chicco My Fit questions.

3 ladybugs

Hello,

We just purchased a Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid today. I went to put in our seats and I have 2 issues.

1. We have a Britax Advocate that can be rear facing teathered (I have checked this several times and we are good there) but I don't know where would be best when using latch, in the third row passenger side. Is teathering it to the black bar on the seat frame of the seat in the second row good?

2. In the seat on the passenger side 2nd row, we have a Chicco My Fit seat. This seat I am having the darnest time getting the straps to lay flat and the seat to still be tight. Is there a trick to this? Is there an alternative belt path to use?

Thank you for your help!

ADS

MelodyoftheForest

Hi! We have a 2017 Pacifica Hybrid and are really enjoying it!

For the Advocate, even though it allows RF tethering, the Pacifica does not allow any tethering except to designated anchors for each seating position. These anchors are designed for FF seats and can’t be used for Swedish style RF tethering. You could do Australian style tethering in the 3rd row passenger side, though. It would be really annoying with a baby, but I did it with a 3-year-old who could climb into the seat independently, and it worked well. The Pacifica doesn’t allow tethering to seat rails.

As for the NextFit, I would first make sure the head restraint in the captain’s chair isn’t pushing the seat forward or will get in the way when you raise the harness height. The second row head restraints can be removed on the hybrid, and we did so on the seat our Pioneer is in. If that doesn’t help, this review gives some installation tips Chicco has shared: https://carseatblog.com/47182/chicco-myfit-myfit-le-review/

Let us know if you have more questions and enjoy your Pacifica!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC