Whiz Rider?

ADS

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
It is not yet on the market. There is no knowing how it will fit or perform. From what I've heard there are some significant concerns about eventual legality and performance- but we don't really know.

In general I'd discourage buying via a crowd-funded model seats that aren't available yet. If they end up not arriving in time for your need, not meeting your child's needs, being poorly reviewed, or not fitting, there is no way for you to cancel or get a refund for a return (unlike preorders through established companies.) The last several products that have come to market this way have ended up being things that work for very few families safely.

If you're looking for a similar product that is safe, certified, and currently available, this will fit your needs admirably: https://carseatblog.com/43470/2017-...with-delighter-booster-arent-they-delightful/

U

Unregistered

They have crash tests and CPSTs have reviewed it and approved it. I am excited for it!

murphydog77

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
Which CPSTs have reviewed it? Certainly not any of us who have been around for a while and built our reputations on it. Everyone does crash tests. They are required to per FMVSS 213 and they must pass in order to be certified. It takes a very long time for this to happen in the US.

U

Unregistered

I asked them. Paul Albright and Tony Jerisha are both CPS instructors that have reviewed the product. Paul's on their Indiegogo page.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
They claim it's passed testing and is certified. They haven't actually answered any of the questions I've asked though. I would not, at this time, with the info I have, put my child in it or recommend it.

Brigala

CPST Instructor
They claim it's passed testing and is certified. They haven't actually answered any of the questions I've asked though. I would not, at this time, with the info I have, put my child in it or recommend it.
Same. There are some glaring issues that might not affect safety, but many of us believe would affect legality. Their design is similar to one that the Ride Safer Travel Vest used for their "Version 3" tetherless vest a few years ago - but they admitted that this version of the vest was not "Certified" to pass all the FMVSS requirements. It was therefore only legal for certain situations, such as taxis in some states, where certified child restraints were not required.

The WizRider might be safe when used correctly, but in order to pass the FMVSS requirements, it needs to have a way to use it with a lap-only belt. And the manufacturer of the WizRider appears to just be ignoring that little detail. What bothers me about that is that if they are willing to ignore FMVSS and certify that it passes even though it (as near as I can tell) actually does NOT, then what else were they willing to ignore? A lot of us were not real happy with Safe Traffic System's decision to market an un-certified vest back when that was a thing, but at least they didn't claim it met all the requirements when in fact it didn't.

The only travel vest on the market right now that I would recommend as a CPST is the Ride Safer Travel Vest. I know it costs more than the WizRider, but in this case, in my opinion, you get what you pay for.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC