Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread
    Unregistered

4 seats in 2006 Sienna 7 passenger

I'm struggling to find a configuration that works for us. 2 FF seats, Graco Tranzitions and Chicco myfit, two RF seats, Graco extend2fit and radian rxt. Ideally, I want my FF kiddos in the third row, because RF kids are infants and I don't know about getting them in their seats, would have to be through back hatch probably and that sounds not great 😂
    The caveat is, our passenger belt in the third row might be damaged. I have to take it in to be inspected 🤦 and I'm having a heck of a time installing the Tranzitions third row center. (Although I just now though about doing the myfit there, not sure why that didn't occur to me earlier....)
    Any suggestions? Tips? This might end up temporary until the guy inspects the belt then I can use that position for a ff seat. But I sat the myfit and transitions next to each other it seemed to not fit 🤷*♀️

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Re: 4 seats in 2006 Sienna 7 passenger

If one of the kids you want to put in the third row is under the LATCH weight limit for their seat you could use LATCH to install instead of seatbelt.

Moderator - CPS Technician

Remind me where you have tether anchors in the third row? Is it just center and passenger’s side, or do you have them in both outboard seats?
    Cutie #1 (12 years) 5-stepping
    Cutie #2 (10 years) riding in a Cosco Topside or Safety 1st Incognito

Cutie #3 (7 years) riding in a Chicco KidFit
    Cutie #4 (5 years) riding in a Frontier
    Cutie #5 (2 years) riding in a Nuna Rava

I have an 06 Sienna, too, should be LATCH in third row passenger and center.

Moderator - CPS Technician

Okay, so if you already tried putting the seats adjacent to each other and they didn't fit (which doesn't surprise me), then your best bet is to put one of the rear facing seats in the third row, driver's side. Then if one of your forward facing children is under the LATCH limit you can put his/her seat in the third row passenger's side. It shouldn't be too difficult to climb into the third row to buckle the rear facing child - just climb on the side that has the forward facing car seat so you don't have to climb under a seat! The older kids might be able to help too, and buckling through the back is not terrible if one of the kids can put the baby in.
    Cutie #1 (12 years) 5-stepping
    Cutie #2 (10 years) riding in a Cosco Topside or Safety 1st Incognito

Cutie #3 (7 years) riding in a Chicco KidFit
    Cutie #4 (5 years) riding in a Frontier
    Cutie #5 (2 years) riding in a Nuna Rava

Unregistered

We had 4 car seats in a different mini van. 3 were RF. We put 2 of the RF seats in the 3rd row and loaded those babies from the trunk. Wasn't as difficult as I thought it would be.