Question 4 seats in 2006 Sienna 7 passenger

U

Unregistered

I'm struggling to find a configuration that works for us. 2 FF seats, Graco Tranzitions and Chicco myfit, two RF seats, Graco extend2fit and radian rxt. Ideally, I want my FF kiddos in the third row, because RF kids are infants and I don't know about getting them in their seats, would have to be through back hatch probably and that sounds not great 😂
The caveat is, our passenger belt in the third row might be damaged. I have to take it in to be inspected 🤦 and I'm having a heck of a time installing the Tranzitions third row center. (Although I just now though about doing the myfit there, not sure why that didn't occur to me earlier....)
Any suggestions? Tips? This might end up temporary until the guy inspects the belt then I can use that position for a ff seat. But I sat the myfit and transitions next to each other it seemed to not fit 🤷*♀️

ADS

littleangelfire

If one of the kids you want to put in the third row is under the LATCH weight limit for their seat you could use LATCH to install instead of seatbelt.

jjordan

Remind me where you have tether anchors in the third row? Is it just center and passenger’s side, or do you have them in both outboard seats?

jjordan

Okay, so if you already tried putting the seats adjacent to each other and they didn't fit (which doesn't surprise me), then your best bet is to put one of the rear facing seats in the third row, driver's side. Then if one of your forward facing children is under the LATCH limit you can put his/her seat in the third row passenger's side. It shouldn't be too difficult to climb into the third row to buckle the rear facing child - just climb on the side that has the forward facing car seat so you don't have to climb under a seat! The older kids might be able to help too, and buckling through the back is not terrible if one of the kids can put the baby in.

U

Unregistered

We had 4 car seats in a different mini van. 3 were RF. We put 2 of the RF seats in the 3rd row and loaded those babies from the trunk. Wasn't as difficult as I thought it would be.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC