Need advice: Sienna XLE - 8 passenger

UlrikeDG

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
I know this van isn't available in the US, but it's the only way to get the 8 passenger version here in Germany. The model we looked at today was NICE. It had:
  • Three-row side curtain airbags
  • ABS
  • LATCH in 5 positions/5 tether anchors
  • Audible Parking Assist
  • Vehicle Stability Control (VSC) and Traction Control (TRAC)

It did not have AWD, and I can't get a model with AWD here. Of course, it also had quite a few bells and whistles (DVD, 6-CD changer, etc), but I'm most concerned about safety. We'll be bringing this van back to Iowa, if we get it. Is there anything else that I should be considering? Would you go for this model?

It's $33,750 with no sales tax at all. Does that sound like a decent price?

ADS

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member
The Sienna is my top pick for a minivan right now, in that the new Odyssey does not have complete crash test information. If they released a hybrid this version soon, I'd probably buy one. Unless something like the Highlander hybrid catches my eye, I'll probably wait for the Sienna.

Since you have the 3-row side curtain airbags and VSC, I'd say it's a winner as long as you like the seating flexibility. If we purchased a Sienna, I probably wouldn't bother with AWD either. We have AWD on our Outback. It's nice, but not necessary. I've never had an issue with our Odyssey or any previous front wheel drive car.

mamamia

That price does sound good. Mine is a 2004 7 passenger LE with VSC and TRAC, ABS, three rows of side curtain airbags. No DVD player, only a single CD player and only 1 power door. The sticker price on it in April 2003 was around $28,000. In New England the DVD alone adds $2500.

We opted against AWD mainly because they were so new, and the packages available at the time just didn't make it possible.The AWD was packaged with a DVD player and leather interior and other things we didn't want to pay extra for. I have driven the van many times in snowy/icy conditions, and it handles great.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC