Narrow booster for BMW 3-series

akl597

I'm switching my girls to NBB from HBB in my husband's 2017 BMW 3-series. My younger daughter is 9 1/2, weighs 65 lbs and is about 51 inches tall. Her preferred seat is a Clek Ozzi (which she uses in my car). She likes the armrests and I like the latch. I ordered one for the BMW, but it sits on top of the belt buckle (which is basically flat with the seat). If you don't latch it, you can scoot it over and it will work with the seatbelt. But because the latch connectors don't move, the booster sticks out from the seat and makes it unusable. Any ideas? We have a Bubblebum but I'm not sure she would want to use that on a regular basis. I've also seen the Harmony Youth Booster and the Cosco mentioned here, but wondered if there were other options. Thanks!

ADS

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Hi!
Does it not fit even if you don't use the lower connectors? I'm guessing that's going to be problematic on any seat in your vehicle.
Another option that would be a bit narrower but might provide similar comfort is the Graco TurboBooster TakeAlong- it's a bit narrower than the Ozzi but similar internal dimensions and armrest shape.

akl597

It does fit width wise without using the latch connectors, but because the connectors stick out from the seat, it forces the booster to not sit flush with the back of the seat. We also have a Graco Turbobooster, which fits there, but isn't easy to buckle in so she doesn't like that. We previously had a Rodifix which seemed to work really well, but it seemed like she was ready to move to a backless booster.

Now I'm thinking maybe I just put the Rodifix back in for a little longer!

aporthole

Since she’s over 60 lb, the Safety 1st Incognito could be a good option to try. My newly 10 year old has been in his for almost 2 years now. He was previously in a Britax Parkway and Clek Olli.

akl597

Thanks! I think we may end up with an Incognito for my older daughter soon (she'll be 12 next month). For now we decided to just put the Rodifix back in. We took them out (both my girls were using them) because we had to fit a friend in the middle and it seemed a like a good time to make the switch to backless. But she was fine with putting it back and so was husband. Problem solved for now! My older daughter's backless Chicco Kidfit does fit there - it seems like a wide seat, but it narrows just a bit at the base so she can actually buckle.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC