Carseat configuration help! Dodge caravan

Toshamae

I need some help with carseat arrangement again. We have 4 kids in carseats in our 2013 Dodge Caravan. This summer we will have a teenager with us for a month and need to arrange our current carseats to fit her in our vehicle just for just that month. She can ride in the front seat while my hubby is at work but for family trips she'll need to be in back.
Could someone help me please? I know the backseat tether is an issue but can I install differently or arrange seats to accomodate? I just need to fit all 5 and purchasing a new vehicle is not an option. And prefer to keep current carseats (if possible) as they are all fairly new 😜

Kid's ages & car seats.
9 year old, 50lb, (just short of 4ft. About 46in). Graco Turbobooster
6 year old, 35lb, 43in, Graco Nautilus65
3.5 year old, 30lb, 37in, Graco Nautilus65 with safety surround, forward facing
19mo old, 24lb, Chicco Nextfit zip - rear facing

Thanks so much for your help!

ADS

jjordan

I don’t know offhand if any rear facing seats will work in your third row, but I’d try maybe a Cosco Scenera Next back there outboard, your narrowest ff seat in the center, and teen outboard. The belt fit for the teen is likely to be less than ideal but 3 across back there is a huge challenge. If you could fit an Evenflo Amo (highback) outboard with a ff seat in the center that would be better but involves buying at least 2 but probably 3 new seats.

lgenne

None of your current car seats are particularly narrow, and going to need a very narrow 3 across in the 3rd row. Would you be ok with a couple new car if the total was about $70? A Cosco Scenera Next rear facing outboard for your youngest, plus a high back Evenflo Amp for your oldest (also outboard) with the teen in the middle should work.

ETA: simulpost! The Cosco Scenera NEXT works great 3rd row outboard, and belt fit for the teen will be way better center than outboard. Also, the Amp would be reasonable for the 6 year old, too.

Last edited:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC