Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread
    Unregistered

Using North American infant seat in European rental

I will be travelling with a Graco Snugride Click Connect 35 (bought in 2018) infant seat and base for airplane seat use and while in Germany. I want to rent a car there that I know will work easily to fit with the latch system and will also be big enough, since cars there tend to be a bit smaller then here.

I am tending towards a VW Golf model but the models there are quite different from what is sold here and what I drive.

I want to be certain that I won't have issues when I arrive there with my seat in tow.

Is there anything I should watch out for or should they all fit my seat as well as ones sold in Germany/EU?

No, I am not interested in renting a seat.

Thanks!!

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

CPS Technician

Re: Using North American infant seat in European rental

If you are bringing the base along with you, you shouldn’t have any issues at all installing with the lower anchors. You won’t use the base on the plane but you should be able to store it in the overhead bin.