Relocating car seat anchors

U

Unregistered

Is it possible to relocate the rear car seat anchors on a 2001 Chevy Silverado ex cab? I want to move them from the rear middle seat to one of the seats that has a shoulder belt harness so I can put in a booster seat that has tether latches. This year model only has anchors on the rear middle and none on either side. Thanks

ADS

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Hi there!
I see that your vehicle has 3 tether anchors and as you note, only one set of lower anchors.

You cannot move lower anchors from one spot to another, nor can you add more. So if you only have a lap only seatbelt center, unfortunately, you can't use a booster seat with lower anchors in your vehicle.

You can, however, still use any booster you like on the side seating position. No booster requires lower anchors, and their function is only to hold the booster in place when unoccupied, so you'll just have to buckle it in when there's no child seated there. :)

U

Unregistered

Thanks for your response, I have the turbo booster seat with the tether for the anchors does this provide any additional safety protection? That’s one of the reasons I bought it but after reading your post it sounds like the seatbelts should provide all the protection necessary for the child in the seat
Thanks

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
A Turbobooster will work just as well without as with lower anchors in use. Just make sure you have read and followed the directions, including buckling it in when no child is sitting in it.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC