Britax b-safe back not securely in base?

Saramomofmany

I was looking at the Britax B-Safe infant car seats at Target today. It seemed to click into the base just fine, but at the back of the car seat(so away from the seat back), it lifts up maybe an inch or so. Is this normal with these infant seats? I don’t want to buy one if they aren’t going to be safe and secure. I didn’t know if it did this for a reason, like it’s supposed to do this for some reason.

Thank you!!

ADS

MelodyoftheForest

While I don't have direct experience with that particular seat, it is normal for infant seats to wiggle a bit when they are connected to the base. The end of the base far from the belt path will also likely move some once the seat is installed, which is also normal and safe. Also, it is hard to know what the display seats have been through in the store, so they might not function totally like the seat you buy.

J

Jeb

This is very normal for the B-Safe. :)
Is it still safe? Our brand new one is doing the same. Our base is so tight it doesnt even wiggle an inch but the head part pulls up about an inch back there from base but feet part is clicked in

murphydog77

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
Is it still safe? Our brand new one is doing the same. Our base is so tight it doesnt even wiggle an inch but the head part pulls up about an inch back there from base but feet part is clicked in
Yes. As long as you hear a solid couple of clicks where the carrier locks into the base, it is OK for it to move or even lift up where it's not attached to the base. I don't know of any rear-facing only infant system where there isn't some movement between the carrier and the base. The only way to avoid it is to go straight to a rear-facing convertible carseat, but you lose the convenience of a lift-out carrier.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC