Reigan in our CARES harness

strollerfreak

Senior Community Member
Here's my DD in our CARES harness...it was SO much easier than having to schlep 2 carseats & 4 kids on a plane. Reiker just stayed in his carrier the whole time (well except for a little while during the flight when he was awake and voicing his opinion on being stuck in the carrier, LOL) and Reigan did really well in the harness. She would have slept better in her carseat, but it was 10pm to her body so she was going to be out of sorts no matter what she was in.

None of the FA's on the flights we were on had ever actually seen one, but they all had heard about them.

CARES1.jpg

CARES2.jpg

ADS

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
Aw, she looks more comfy than I'd have guessed & she's just beautiful, too! :love: Can you explain how the top stays put? TIA

strollerfreak

Senior Community Member
Aw, she looks more comfy than I'd have guessed & she's just beautiful, too! :love: Can you explain how the top stays put? TIA

In the bottom picture you can see the latchplate on the right hand side. It's basically the same internal structure as the female end of a lap-belt, only instead of having an actual metal "cover" on the buckle head (because there is no actual buckle head) there is a smaller blue piece of webbing that you use to tilt the buckle head to release it. The "tail" is kept in place by being sewn onto a loop that slides along the red webbing, and the red webbing is just a big loop that slips over the seatback.

Does that make sense? :confused:

ThreeBeans

That is really sweet :love:

Can the top belt be put on the seat so that it doesn't interfere with the seat tray behind the child :confused:

wondering1

When I researched CARES for our trip, I was told that they are testing the current harness for a higher weight and height limit. Exciting stuff.

strollerfreak

Senior Community Member
The guy behind her was ok with it??

It was my DH that was behind her, but yeah, even if it were a stranger it totally does not interfere with their tray table at all.

You put the tray table down, then slide the loop (red webbing) over the top of the seat, tighten it, then put the tray table back up. It doesn't interfere with using it at all. :thumbsup:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC