Broken piece on Britax Boulevard ClickTight

tbarnes

Hello all! I'm hoping someone here can help me. I contacted Britax customer service, but since it's Friday, I'm assuming I won't hear back until Monday at the earliest.

We have a Britax Boulevard ClickTight convertible car seat, and as I was lifting up the fabric while cleaning it tonight, a plastic piece fell out. I found that it broke off from the part that holds the harness adjuster in place.

FuJGbPr

6i1tPfl

Is it safe to continue using the seat? I have no idea how long it's been broken, but it seems like the only function of that particular piece is to prevent the harness adjuster from getting in the way (or at least I'm hoping that's the case). We've had issues with the harness adjuster since day one, so I'm pretty frustrated that this piece has now broken. The seat is almost two years old, so we are definitely out of the warranty period.

Thanks so much for your help!

ADS

jjordan

That sounds very frustrating! Your picture isn't showing, but regardless none of us is qualified to advise you on the safety of your seat. Do you have a backup seat you can use until you hear back from Britax?

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
It looks like a piece of the shell actually broke off? I doubt that part is replaceable, and would definitely get a backup seat if you need a seat in between hearing back from Britax/getting it replaced.

tbarnes

It looks like a piece of the shell actually broke off? I doubt that part is replaceable, and would definitely get a backup seat if you need a seat in between hearing back from Britax/getting it replaced.

It's not really a piece of the shell. I believe it's more of a cosmetic piece that allows the harness adjuster to easily feed through. It appears to function exactly the same without it, so I'm hoping Britax will confirm that. I guess I'll find out soon.

U

Unregistered

Just in case anyone is ever searching for a similar answer -- Britax said that the seat is perfectly safe to use.

I had the exact same piece break off and the same problems with the tensioner. Britax has not responded to my question about it even though it’s been several days. Did they tell you to break the other side? My maine concern is the not raw edge rubbing and wearing away at the strap.

I’ve contacted Britax before for safety concerns and they never really seem concerned about anything.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC