Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread

Broken piece on Britax Boulevard ClickTight

Hello all! I'm hoping someone here can help me. I contacted Britax customer service, but since it's Friday, I'm assuming I won't hear back until Monday at the earliest.

We have a Britax Boulevard ClickTight convertible car seat, and as I was lifting up the fabric while cleaning it tonight, a plastic piece fell out. I found that it broke off from the part that holds the harness adjuster in place.

Is it safe to continue using the seat? I have no idea how long it's been broken, but it seems like the only function of that particular piece is to prevent the harness adjuster from getting in the way (or at least I'm hoping that's the case). We've had issues with the harness adjuster since day one, so I'm pretty frustrated that this piece has now broken. The seat is almost two years old, so we are definitely out of the warranty period.

Thanks so much for your help!

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Moderator - CPS Technician

Re: Broken piece on Britax Boulevard ClickTight

That sounds very frustrating! Your picture isn't showing, but regardless none of us is qualified to advise you on the safety of your seat. Do you have a backup seat you can use until you hear back from Britax?
    Cutie #1 (12 years) 5-stepping
    Cutie #2 (10 years) riding in a Cosco Topside or Safety 1st Incognito

Cutie #3 (7 years) riding in a Chicco KidFit
    Cutie #4 (5 years) riding in a Frontier
    Cutie #5 (2 years) riding in a Nuna Rava

I don't know how to edit my post, but maybe this will work? No, I don't have a backup seat, but we are close to many stores if we need to get one.

https://imgur.com/ixI29UV

CPST and ketchup snob ketchupqueen's Avatar

It looks like a piece of the shell actually broke off? I doubt that part is replaceable, and would definitely get a backup seat if you need a seat in between hearing back from Britax/getting it replaced.
    CPST and Mom to Emma, 15, Bridget, 13, Maggie, 11, Katie Sue, 6, Jimmy, arriving May 2019,
    and Becky, waiting for us as part of our eternal family.
    Our '02 Odyssey, car seats, and seatbelts saved our lives. Now riding in a '13 Odyssey!

Quote Originally Posted by ketchupqueen View Post
    It looks like a piece of the shell actually broke off? I doubt that part is replaceable, and would definitely get a backup seat if you need a seat in between hearing back from Britax/getting it replaced.
    It's not really a piece of the shell. I believe it's more of a cosmetic piece that allows the harness adjuster to easily feed through. It appears to function exactly the same without it, so I'm hoping Britax will confirm that. I guess I'll find out soon.

Just in case anyone is ever searching for a similar answer -- Britax said that the seat is perfectly safe to use.

8. Thank You from:

Moderator - CPS Technician

That is good news! Thanks for updating!
    Cutie #1 (12 years) 5-stepping
    Cutie #2 (10 years) riding in a Cosco Topside or Safety 1st Incognito

Cutie #3 (7 years) riding in a Chicco KidFit
    Cutie #4 (5 years) riding in a Frontier
    Cutie #5 (2 years) riding in a Nuna Rava

Unregistered

Quote Originally Posted by tbarnes View Post
    Just in case anyone is ever searching for a similar answer -- Britax said that the seat is perfectly safe to use.
    I had the exact same piece break off and the same problems with the tensioner. Britax has not responded to my question about it even though it’s been several days. Did they tell you to break the other side? My maine concern is the not raw edge rubbing and wearing away at the strap.

I’ve contacted Britax before for safety concerns and they never really seem concerned about anything.