Fly with 3.5 yr

hpdad

We are going to visit our relatives in Asian this summer and our daughter will be flying with us. She will be 4 in November. Currently, she is 41" tall and 38.5 lbs and still RF. I was going to get Cosco Scenera for her on plane only but the max on that seat is 40 lbs. My daughter will be right at the top mark then.

Is there any other budget car seat for that purpose? We are only use it for/on this trip/plane.

I already had Evenflo SureRide DLX 65 as a spare. Its specs is height 40 in and 40 lbs max for RF. FF is 65 lbs. Can I FF her on the plane at that age & weight?

Or can I go without car seat?

ADS

flutie128

The Next also has the 40 inch rule so she has outgrown it as well. I would probably just FF on trip in the Sureride since you already have it.

jjordan

I would be comfortable ff at that age, for sure.

Since you are flying internationally, FAA rules about car seats do not apply. Check with your airlines before finalizing your plans to make sure that you are clear on rules about using car seats on board.

hpdad

I would be comfortable ff at that age, for sure.

Since you are flying internationally, FAA rules about car seats do not apply. Check with your airlines before finalizing your plans to make sure that you are clear on rules about using car seats on board.

Fly to: China Eastern airline
Fly back: Sichuan airlines

Ya, didn't know that foreign airlines don't follow FAA'rules. Called them both and was put on hold forever. Had anyone flown with them before?

Edit: found this thread. Not a good sign:

https://www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?278873-China-Eastern&highlight=eastern

Last edited:

jjordan

Well, the thread you linked was 4 years ago, so maybe things have changed? I might email them instead of call so that you have their response in writing that you can then print and take with you. Also I suggest taking the approach of, “from reading your policies on your website *this* is my understanding of what is allowed, can you confirm that I can, in fact, bring an American FAA approved child safety seat for my 3 year old child to use in-flight?”

Good luck!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC