Fitting 2 Carseats + 1 passenger in Kia Soul's back seat (moved from older thread Re: NCAP ratings)

U

Unregistered

I am looking for the safest possible, narrow seats, to maximize space in the back of my Kia Soul, with the hope that a 3rd person can fit beside our 2 car seats. So far, we are considering Clek Fllo, Diono 3RXT and the Graco 3 in 1 slimfit. We have a 43lb, 5 year old (forward facing) and a 16lb infant (rear facing). Any advice is most appreciated.

ADS

CatieB

The 5 year old is 44 inches tall and the infant is 27 inches tall. They were in the Chicco Keyfit and Nextfit, but we were in an accident, so those seats are toast. Wanting to maximize space with whatever seats we buy to replace and thinking we will switch the baby to a convertible to avoid having to buy another seat in 4 months.

jjordan

What year Soul? The Ride Safer Travel Vest is going to be the narrowest choice because it's only as wide as the child, but it might be kind of inconvenient for daily use (although some people do use it that way and like it).

The Diono seats are known for having compatibility issues with many vehicles (as well as lots of installation rules that are difficult to keep track of), so I'd proceed with caution on that option.

jjordan

Edmund's is telling me you have 49.3" of hip room in your back seat - that's not a lot! I think your best bet is probably the RSTV (vest) for the older child. Of the convertibles you mentioned, the Fllo is the narrowest but you'd want to double-check the fit as the harness does not adjust down as small as the other seats.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC