Question ‘16 Acura MDX 3rd row car seat

U

Unregistered

‘16 Acura MDX 3rd row car seat

Looking for info as to whether it’s possible to install a rear facing convertible car seat in the 3rd row of a ‘16 Acura MDX. If so, are there specific brands/models of seats I should consider?

ADS

aporthole

Re: ‘16 Acura MDX 3rd row car seat

Yes, there are quite a few that will work well. You’ll need to slide the 2nd row seats forward a bit and potentially remove the head restraint from the 2nd row seat in front of it (assuming it isn’t needed for someone in the 2nd row).

This link is fantastic for showing the front to back space needed for a bunch of rear facing convertibles. https://carseatblog.com/22818/the-u...ertible-space-comparison-review-size-matters/

Any of the Britax seats, Chicco NextFit, or Graco Extend2Fit should work well.

U

Unregistered

Thank you! I’m currently using the second row drivers side for an infant car seat (nuna pipa) so I couldn’t remove that seats headrest & couldn’t move the seat forward much as there’s only about 1-2 inches from the driver’s seat to the head of the infant seat. Do you think it’s still possible to find a rear facing convertible car seat for the 3rd row drivers side if I can’t move the second row up? Our police dept that installed our infant seat said the drivers side was safer than the passenger which is why it was installed in that spot. Planning for a 2nd child & would then move our first to the 3rd row & would also need a seat available for my Mother to sit with the kids in the back. Tall order & im hoping there’s a solution for us.

murphydog77

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member

There may only be a matter of a few percentage points difference in safety between the driver's side and passenger side—pretty negligible. If you need the RF carseat on the driver's side of the 3rd row, I'd move the Pipa over to the passenger side.

aporthole

Are there also other kids in the car too? With a Pipa on the driver side, I don’t think you’ll have a ton of luck fitting a rear facing seat directly behind it. You can remove the head restraint from the seat where the Pipa is installed though.

U

Unregistered

We’re planning for baby #2 so I need room for a new infant which would take over the Pipa in 2nd row drivers side. I need to find a spot for:
-My first child who would be at least 2+ yrs old would need to have a rear facing convertible car seat.
-Also need a spot for my Mother who will tend to both kids in the back while I drive.
I don’t think we can have a car seat in the second row passenger side b/c that would take away access to the third row.
Really stumped as to where my oldest child & mother will fit in the.

aporthole

You should have no problem fitting both kids and grandma in the 2nd row. How often would the 3rd row need to be used?

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC