Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread
    Unregistered

‘16 Acura MDX 3rd row car seat

Looking for info as to whether it’s possible to install a rear facing convertible car seat in the 3rd row of a ‘16 Acura MDX. If so, are there specific brands/models of seats I should consider?

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

CPS Technician

Re: ‘16 Acura MDX 3rd row car seat

Yes, there are quite a few that will work well. You’ll need to slide the 2nd row seats forward a bit and potentially remove the head restraint from the 2nd row seat in front of it (assuming it isn’t needed for someone in the 2nd row).

This link is fantastic for showing the front to back space needed for a bunch of rear facing convertibles. https://carseatblog.com/22818/the-ul...-size-matters/

Any of the Britax seats, Chicco NextFit, or Graco Extend2Fit should work well.

Unregistered

Re: ‘16 Acura MDX 3rd row car seat

Thank you! I’m currently using the second row drivers side for an infant car seat (nuna pipa) so I couldn’t remove that seats headrest & couldn’t move the seat forward much as there’s only about 1-2 inches from the driver’s seat to the head of the infant seat. Do you think it’s still possible to find a rear facing convertible car seat for the 3rd row drivers side if I can’t move the second row up? Our police dept that installed our infant seat said the drivers side was safer than the passenger which is why it was installed in that spot. Planning for a 2nd child & would then move our first to the 3rd row & would also need a seat available for my Mother to sit with the kids in the back. Tall order & im hoping there’s a solution for us.