2019 odyssey, Kids: baby, 4, 6, 9.

U

Unregistered

I need some help with seat configurations in our new 2019 Odyssey, and seat recommendations, please.

Odyssey is the LX model (two captains chairs in middle row). I think i need to buy at minimum 2 new seats (Booster, and baby seat).

Kids:
Riding in third row:
- 9yr old, 65lbs 4'6" (was riding in a 5pt radian in tight three across - ears just met top of seat - NEEDS NEW BOOSTER)
-6 yr old, 55lbs 4'2" (currently in a 5pt radian. I have concerns on whether he's mature enough for a booster with seatbelt. Have heard mixed things about Radian in 3rd row of Odyssey but sounds like 2019 model is doable.)

Riding in second row:
-4yr old, 36lbs 3'5" (currently RF in a Clek Foonf. Wants to be turned around, and we'll probably turn him around with this install)
-New Baby due in 3 weeks (need new car seat, bucket seat style. want to avoid any tethering to front seat so kids have a path to walk through.)

ADS

MelodyoftheForest

I’m not sure about specific seats, except that your options should be pretty open for an infant seat. I did want to mention that the van will have the feature that allows you to slide the 2nd row seats side to side, so you could create an isle on either side rather than in the center.

aporthole

I’m not sure about specific seats, except that your options should be pretty open for an infant seat. I did want to mention that the van will have the feature that allows you to slide the 2nd row seats side to side, so you could create an isle on either side rather than in the center.

The LX trim does not have the Magic Slide seats that all the other 2018+ models of the Odyssey do.

For the oldest (Kid 1) I would look at the Safety 1st Incognito or the Chicco KidFit Plus if you want a more traditional style booster.

If the 6yo (Kid 2) isn’t booster ready, I’d do the Radian FFing for now. When the baby is ready to move out of the infant seat, pass the Radian to Kid 3, Foonf to baby, and get a dedicated booster for Kid 2.

For the baby, I know the Nuna Pipa works well in the Odyssey and allows the captain’s chairs to tilt/slide forward for 3rd row access while installed.

The Car Seat Lady has some great info and videos on the 2018+ Odyssey that should be helpful:
https://thecarseatlady.com/vehicles/3-across/honda-odyssey-2018/

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC