Should I cancel my Signo order?

Peony

I ordered a Signo for my DD2 this summer, I got it for the mistaken price through Stroll and Go. :thumbsup: I don't *have* to have it, she is currently riding around in one of DD1's old MA's that doesn't expire for another 2 years or so. I just wanted two seats for her so the Signo would probably go in my van and the MA in DH's Audi.

I haven't been liking what I've been hearing about the Recaros and am seriously wondering if I just cancel my order and wait. All my e-mail lost lost this summer so I don't have a a order # and Stroll and Go forwarded my order to Recaro so I could get my seat faster, so it could be tricky to get a refund. Anyone BTDT?

ADS

clothdiapermom

Senior Community Member
I ended up getting Regents and turning my DD#1 Forward Facing. So I canceled my order with stroll and go with no problem. They tried to see if I could wait a little bit longer but I just told them no and that I would like a refund and they did it.

dluciew

I'm kinda thinking the same thing. I pre-ordered it from elitecarseat for $259 and with all the talk I don't know if I should just go with another Blvd instead. The only thing that has me holding on to the order is the shipping insurance. I figured I might as well try it. I think if I would have got it at the Stroll and Go price I'd definately try it out and if I didn't like it, sell it. At that price I don't think you loose any money. If you don't mind me asking, where are you located? Maybe somebody on here would take it off your hands for that price rather than cancel it.

sb518

I would cancel and get something else. I'm disgusted with Recaro by the way they dance around the issues that are being brought up. I would never trust my child in a seat of theirs. I beleive they are not at all concerned with safety, only marketing their "race car" seats.

MsFacetious

I cancelled mine... just couldn't wait that long. I was relieved after all of the issues people have been having and everything. I just preferred to stick with something I know works. I was also worried that it wouldn't last long enough or be comfortable enough for the kids after the Regent.

I'd wait if you don't have to have it right now.

southpawboston

I would cancel and get something else. I'm disgusted with Recaro by the way they dance around the issues that are being brought up. I would never trust my child in a seat of theirs. I beleive they are not at all concerned with safety, only marketing their "race car" seats.

that's a pretty bold opinion. recaro's older carseats have been gems of engineering and ergonomics. have you ever handled a recaro seat (other than the new signo/como)? it's obvious a lot of engineering and thought went into them. but this is a brand new line for them, of course there will be kinks to be worked out. never been a recall on a RYS, has there? :whistle:

i think those who can remember britax's early days remember similar things happening with them when they'd come out with a new model... they just had to work out the bugs before they had a great seat.

CDNTech

Senior Community Member
i think those who can remember britax's early days remember similar things happening with them when they'd come out with a new model... they just had to work out the bugs before they had a great seat.

This is exactly why I would probably cancel and wait for them to work out those kinks... not having working FFing lock-offs seems like a pretty big kink to me. Just my :twocents:

southpawboston

well what you said makes perfect sense, but to "never trust" them and think they're not concerned about safety doesn't make the same sense.

Peony

I'm kinda thinking the same thing. I pre-ordered it from elitecarseat for $259 and with all the talk I don't know if I should just go with another Blvd instead. The only thing that has me holding on to the order is the shipping insurance. I figured I might as well try it. I think if I would have got it at the Stroll and Go price I'd definately try it out and if I didn't like it, sell it. At that price I don't think you loose any money. If you don't mind me asking, where are you located? Maybe somebody on here would take it off your hands for that price rather than cancel it.

I'm in CO.

I keep going back and forth, it's not that I think the Signo is a bad seat, just that it has some kinks that need to be worked out, and since I don't really need it maybe I should wait and let them figure out some of the kinks.

Back when I ordered it, I did need it, then it took so long that I ordered one regent for DD1 so I could use one of her MA's for DD2, but I ended up with two instead. :eek:

Mama!

Well, I'm not waiting on a Signo, but if I had it to do over again, I would have waited. I jumped the gun and got one of the first weeks' shipments of Como's, and now I feel like I'm paying for it by not being patient.

If I'd been smart, I'd have kept using our perfectly okay AO and then watched the reviews as he neared the weight limit.

But hindsite is always 20/20, right? :thumbsdown:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC