Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread
    Unregistered

3 across feasibility - 2019 Tiguan?

My son will be 3 and I'll have two brand new babies later this year. With that said, I will need 3 rear facing car seats ....and a second job. I currently drive a two door coupe and am looking to replace it asap.

I've read accounts of 3 car seats installed across the Tigaun rear bench but haven't been able to find much in the way of actual users with three rear facing installed day to day. Has anyone come across this or better yet has this current set up? Any and all guidance is greatly appreciated. Thanks so much!

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Carseat Crazy

Re: 3 across feasibility - 2019 Tiguan?

If you can buy a vehicle that is in the midsize rather than the compact category, it will be so much easier for you to fit three across. Are there other vehicles you are considering as well as the Tiguan?
    -Reta
    Former CPST
    Mom of V, born 6/2014, FF in a Pioneer, Boulevard G4, and SureRide
    G dog, rescued 6/2016, in a belted SturdiBag

Unregistered

Probably wise - also considering the Infiniti qx60

Unregistered

Quote Originally Posted by MelodyoftheForest View Post
    If you can buy a vehicle that is in the midsize rather than the compact category, it will be so much easier for you to fit three across. Are there other vehicles you are considering as well as the Tiguan?
    We're also considering the QX60 infiniti. The sliding second row seating seems particularly attractive! Thoughts?

Carseat Crazy

Infinitis are not good for rear facing seats. We've had an FX and a now have a Q something (used to be the G) and they're just awful. Nissans are the same cars and WAY easier to get seats in. The Q we have also has the WORST buckle for kids trying to buckle themselves later, so bad we had to buy a whole new seat for that car. Get a nissan instead. Also, tiguans have skinny back seats- you might find something to work but itll always be a crunch, and when they get bigger they might not fit again.