High Back Booster in 2019 Dodge Ram 1500 Crew cab

I need to find HBB for 5 year old and almost 7 year old girls to ride in backseats of my father in laws 2019 Dodge Ram 1500 Crew cab truck. 5 year old is >95% in height and right around 50 pounds, almost 7 year old is also > 95% in height and about 53 pounds. We have Evenflow Spectrums available, but they didn’t work, due to seat belt getting stuck in the belt guide (which happens in any vehicle we have tried them in), and because the headrest creates a gap between the seatback and the booster.

The headrest looks like it may be a problem for at least some other boosters, as well. They are not removable (except by dealer), and I’d like to find an option that will work without the need to have them removed by the dealer. The headrests are fixed in position or fold forward at a 90 degree angle.

Any suggestions for High back boosters to try? In our cars the almost 7 year old rides in Kiddy Cruiser 3 in both vehicles, and 5 year old rides in Kiddy Cruiser 3 in mine and Chicco Myfit in husbands and for long trips. I would prefer something that will be long lasting height-wise.

I don’t want to do harnessed seats because literally every time I checked the convertible seat my mother in law got to use in her vehicle, it was installed incorrectly (I always checked prior to letting either girl ride).
Thanks

ADS

aporthole

Would you consider backless boosters for either of them? Backless tend to work much better with those types of head restraints and low mounted shoulder belts that get caught in high back guides.

If that is the only thing that will work, I would consider, but I would much rather have high backs so they remember to stay in place, especially for the newly 5 year old, who is new to booster riding.

aporthole

I’d try the regular highback Graco Turbobooster for the 5yo. It tends to fit small kids very well and also tends to work with funky head restraints especially on the lower height settings.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC