Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread

High Back Booster in 2019 Dodge Ram 1500 Crew cab

I need to find HBB for 5 year old and almost 7 year old girls to ride in backseats of my father in laws 2019 Dodge Ram 1500 Crew cab truck. 5 year old is >95% in height and right around 50 pounds, almost 7 year old is also > 95% in height and about 53 pounds. We have Evenflow Spectrums available, but they didnít work, due to seat belt getting stuck in the belt guide (which happens in any vehicle we have tried them in), and because the headrest creates a gap between the seatback and the booster.

The headrest looks like it may be a problem for at least some other boosters, as well. They are not removable (except by dealer), and Iíd like to find an option that will work without the need to have them removed by the dealer. The headrests are fixed in position or fold forward at a 90 degree angle.

Any suggestions for High back boosters to try? In our cars the almost 7 year old rides in Kiddy Cruiser 3 in both vehicles, and 5 year old rides in Kiddy Cruiser 3 in mine and Chicco Myfit in husbands and for long trips. I would prefer something that will be long lasting height-wise.

I donít want to do harnessed seats because literally every time I checked the convertible seat my mother in law got to use in her vehicle, it was installed incorrectly (I always checked prior to letting either girl ride).
    Thanks

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

CPS Technician

Re: High Back Booster in 2019 Dodge Ram 1500 Crew cab

Would you consider backless boosters for either of them? Backless tend to work much better with those types of head restraints and low mounted shoulder belts that get caught in high back guides.

If that is the only thing that will work, I would consider, but I would much rather have high backs so they remember to stay in place, especially for the newly 5 year old, who is new to booster riding.

CPS Technician

Iíd try the regular highback Graco Turbobooster for the 5yo. It tends to fit small kids very well and also tends to work with funky head restraints especially on the lower height settings.

Great, thanks!