Booster for Yukon

kristid

My son is an average sized 6 year old. I need a high back booster that works well in a 2014 Yukon. He’s currently in a Britax Frontier that was converted to a booster. My seatbelts don’t retract well, so it’s not safe if he leans forward and then sits back.

I’m not a fan of the Graco TurboBooster because the cup holders that slide in and out aren’t deep enough to hold a fast food cup without tipping (and we do a LOT of long road trips because his 2 big brothers play travel hockey).

I bought my parents an evenflo booster and tried it in my truck, and while it’s better than the Britax, it’s still not great.

I don’t want to spend a fortune on a booster. I just want him to be safe. Any suggestions?

Last edited:
ADS

MamaChirpy

The Britax Parkway SGL fits great in the Yukon. I really haven't had a problem with any boosters I have tried. Have you looked at any Evenflo boosters? They have recently redone their cupholder style.

kristid

I’d prefer not to buy another Britax, as I’d like something less expensive.

The Evenflo I bought for my parents works “okay” in my truck, but not as well as I’d like it to.

I think it wa sunderstood, but I do want to also clarify, that my seatbelts work...just that the booster restricts the retracting. The Evenflo works great in my parent’s vehicle, as I’m sure our Frontier would as well. The seatbelts in the Yukon are just difficult.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
If you don't like the TurboBooster and the Evenflo belt guide shape isn't working great there aren't a ton of other inexpensive options. The Britax Skyline is about $100 list price (and you could catch a sale or coupon- perhaps the upcoming Target trade in?) and has guides that usually don't have that retraction issue. The Chicco Kidfit is the same price but I'm not sure how it is for this issue, and is shorter (shorter than any other booster mentioned in this thread.) I believe other boosters under $100 mostly have belt guides more similar to the Evenflo style.

(To clarify, the child is leaning forward only when the car is parked and that's when the issues arrive right? If he can't refrain from bending forward while the car is driving, he'd still need a harness.)

Dillipop

Is the cup holder the only thing you don’t like about the turbo? Because the Turbobooster LX has a superior, fixed cup holder to the regular turbo’s slide out cupholder. The Graco affix has a similar cup holder to the LX. Might be worth a look.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC