Clek Foonf in a 2006 Outback

Becky0372b

Hi All,
I just purchased a Clek Foonf for our 2006 Outback. I’ve been reading about blind spots in certain cars since the seat is so high. Now that I have it here I can see how it would be an issue. It’s high!

Has anyone had any issues with the depth using the foonf rear facing in an older outback? Any issues with blind spots? I’m really hoping we can make it work!!

Thanks,
Rebecca

ADS

flutie128

Which seating position do you want the seat in? I find if I put seats behind the driver's seat I have fewer blind spots for example. I had to move my child's seat to behind the passenger seat and it was definitely harder for me to seat there since it block about half the window.

U

Unregistered

Hmm I was definitely thinking the passenger seat since behind the drivers seat may be too tight for my husband. I hope it fits but I’m thinking maybe I’ll need to return it. Thanks for the feedback and if there is any other feedback it’s greatly appreciated!

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
If the front seat people are very tall, it'll be an issue. But if the front seat people are not VERY tall and can have the seats not all the way back, it won't. But you won't get the front seats all the way back in a 2006 with a Foonf back there. Maybe 3/4 of the way back? About there? Halfway back? I've never measured it like that, but it's super easy in the middle, and not as easy on the sides, but it works. I'm 5'1" and would have no issues whatsoever. :)

Wendy

U

Unregistered

Ok great. Thank you! We’re going to try it. We are both not super tall (5’6 and 4’10). I’ll let you all know what we decide!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC