Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread
    Unregistered

Needing 3 Carseats in 2007 Honda Civic

We have a 2007 Civic and need to be putting 3 car seats in. We have a forward facing, rear facing, and infant. Infant seat is a Graco Snugride 30. The front facing is a Graco Nautilus (which I'm aware won't be an option for 3 across). Any and all suggestions on which car seats will fit 3 across in a 2007 Honda Civic is much appreciated!!

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Carseat Crazy

Needing 3 Carseats in 2007 Honda Civic

Can you also give us the ages, heights and weights of each child, especially the older two? How long will you need to fit all three in this vehicle? That will help us give recommendations.
    -Reta
    Former CPST
    Mom of V, born 6/2014, FF in a Pioneer and Boulevard G4
    G dog, rescued 6/2016, in a belted SturdiBag

Senior Community Member penguingrooves's Avatar

Re: Needing 3 Carseats in 2007 Honda Civic

I have a 2007 Honda Fit which has gone through few limited configurations of 3-across. What saved me from having to buy a new car due to baby #3 was the Combi Coccoro whose width is about 15.5", and my two other carseats were able to be "puzzled" by having few inches overlap when installed. The Coccoro will not last long for extended rear-facing because a child will outgrow, but by then, you hope one of the other kids grows to move to a narrower or no carseat, thus allowing a larger/wider rear-facing carseat to replace the Coccoro for the youngest.

It's not the cheapest seat, but still cheaper than a new car. It's a convertible carseat, i.e. it stays installed in the car, instead of snapping it in and out like an infant carseat. (I never used an infant carseat because none of them had tethers or anti-rebound bars back then - a must for me, - so the Coccoro was fine.)

When every inch counts, the Combi Coccoro for the infant decreases the need of buying a bigger car. I hope you can find a workable configuration.
    sprog #1: age 12 in a mifold.
    sprog #2: age 9 in a mifold.
    sprog #3: age 7 in a RF britax MT.
    marriage partner #1 and me all squished in a honda fit. i don't recommend our arrangement, so if you have 3 kiddos, get a bigger car.