Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread
    Unregistered

3 across back row 2008 Sienna

We are expecting #5 and have a 7 passenger 2008 Sienna.

This summer my kids will be/current seats:

10/Britax frontier
    8/Britax frontier
    5.5/Britax Boulevard
    2/Britax Boulevard (rear facing)

I’m thinking I need to have the oldest 3 in the back. My oldest 2 are I think between 60-70 lbs. My five year old is about 35 lbs. Can I move either/both the oldest 2 to boosters that will allow us to fit them 3 across the back (2 boosters + the Boulevard?)? I think the Frontiers look too wide to make it work with my current seats.

Any advice is greatly appreciated!

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

CPS Technician

Re: 3 across back row 2008 Sienna

How tall are the 10yo & 8yo?
    Have you assessed the 10yo to see if he/she passes the 5-step test to go without a booster?

If the 10yo will still need a booster by the time the new baby arrives, the Safety 1st Incognito would be a good option to try for the oldest 2.

You could then try a very slim harnessed seat for the 5yo. Something like the Chicco MyFit or the Cosco Finale would be slim ones to look at.

Unregistered

Thank you. 10 yo is 55.5”. He might meet height before Nov and I could assess for the 5 step readiness. 8 yo is 51” and 5 yo is 41”.

Will a harnessed combination seat be more narrow than a convertible or my 5 yo? She is pretty petite and we could keep her in a convertible for awhile if that gives us more options?

CPS Technician

The Chicco MyFit and Cosco Finale are both a bit slimmer than the Boulevard you have but the shape of the Boulevard may be a bit more comfortable for the bigger kids. I’d try keeping the Boulevard in use for the time being especially if the 5yo’s shoulders still have room before going above the harness’s top height setting. You may be able to skip buying a new seat for the 5yo for now and then just go straight to a slim high back booster when the Boulevard is outgrown by torso height.