New Pacifica Test Installations

MelodyoftheForest

Yesterday we test-drove a 2019 Pacifica Hybrid and played with car seats in the one in the showroom. (It was cold outside!) I just wanted to record what I found in case it is helpful to someone. Installations tested in a hybrid model with "S" appearance package. Should be the same as 2017 and 2018 models as well.

Britax Pioneer: Installed successfully in harness mode w/seat belt in 2nd row captain's chair. Seat back was as upright as possible and head restraint had to be removed as it interfered with installation no matter how I adjusted it. Not compatible with 3rd row passenger seat. When this head restraint was up, it interfered with installation. Installed with seat belt with head restraint down (allowed per vehicle manual), but harness could not be adjusted or tightened due to pressure from folded head restraint behind the Pioneer.

Graco 4Ever: Installed successfully in recline position 6 (most upright) FF w/LATCH in 2nd row captain's chair. Seat back was as upright as possible and head restraint had to be removed as it interfered with installation no matter how I adjusted it. Tested high-back booster mode with V, 40" and 31 pounds. Seat belt retracted smoothly when V leaned forward and back, both when the belt was in proper position for use and in tallest possible position. Installed successfully in same manner in 3rd row passenger side. Head restraint interfered when it was up, but was compatible when folded down behind the 4Ever. I was able to adjust the headrest of the 4Ever with this installation, but there was no harness in the seat, so your mileage may vary. Booster mode test as described above was also successful in this position.

Evenflo Surefit: Installed successfully FF w/LATCH in 2nd row captain's chair. Seat back was as upright as possible and head restraint had to be removed as it interfered with installation no matter how I adjusted it. My husband also installed this seat (FF w/LATCH) in the vehicle we test drove (hybrid with regular seating). He installed it in a 2nd row captain's chair that was not fully upright but at a recline typical for use. He did not remove the head restraint, and it didn't appear to interfere. Installed successfully in 3rd row passenger side in same manner as above. Head restraint was up and did not interfere with installation.

ADS

squishles10

I have a 2017 and would love to add our seats to this thread.

Currently we have a Graco HBB turbolatch- fits perfectly, love it. ALso a chicco lbb- fits perfect- it's in a captain chair so we leave the belt around the arm rest to keep it in place when not in use. It also fits in the back row. Bubblebum- used as needed, fits fine in all seats.

Prior seats- diono radian- used in every seat position, forward and backward (with AA), fit everywhere fine. Britax frontier and pioneer- only used in captains chairs but fit okay. The headrest was an issue but britax said I would recline the seat a little so the back fit better. That was in 2017 so I'd call and verify that's still a thing now. The frontier in booster mode was not a good fit- the buckle is so far down plus all the bulk of the seat made it hard for a young kid. My older one could do it but hes in a NBB so it doesn't matter. Chicco HBB (cant remember the name, the first one they released) fits awesome just like the turbobooster.

How did you get the headrests off? In mine theyre attached with a cord, but thats to flip them down for stow and go so maybe that isnt in the hybrid?

MelodyoftheForest

Thanks! Yes, the hybrid doesn’t have stow and go and the head restraints come off. When we drove a regular one on Saturday I realized the difference. The Pioneer appeared to fit well when I just sat it on the captain’s chair, but I didn’t fully install it. I am glad to know a common HBB like the turbo fits. I was a little concerned about that down the road.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC