5 kids in 2007 Nissan Quest

U

Unregistered

Hello! I am due with my 5th child in June 2019. My older kids (at that time) will be 9, 7, 4, and 2.5. I drive a 07 Nissan Quest with captain seats in the middle row and a bench seat in the last row.

My 2.5 year old is rearfacing in a Graco Extend to fit convertible and will be through next winter. My 4 year old is forward facing in a convertible car seat (I can't remember what kind), and my 9 and 7 year olds are in backless Graco boosters. I'm open to getting the oldest 3 new car seats, and the baby will be in a infant bucket carrier seat.

I cannot figure out what the best configuration for seats would be? My initial thought was the 2.5 year old and baby in the captains chairs, but that will make it very hard for the older kids to climb back to the third row. Maybe the baby in the third row and one booster in the captains chair? But I'm not sure 3 across will fit in the narrow Quest third row. Any advice?

ADS

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member
I would tend to make it easiest on you and do like you suggest, the youngest in the captain's chairs and the oldest can crawl under the RF carseats or slip past the infant seat before you click it into the base. I haven't seen a 2007 vintage Quest in a while, so this would assume adequate head restraints and top tether anchor for the third row of course.

If you have a local technician or event near you, then you can play with configurations a bit and have a tech help you with checking the installations and booster fit as well.

jjordan

If it helps, my older kids (12, 10, 7) still sometimes choose to crawl under a RF seat to access the third row of our van, even though they can avoid it by getting into the van on the other side. So yeah they whine about it sometimes, but it's doable and easier than you climbing into the back to help buckle the little ones.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC