Booster seats

M

MindyF

I am looking for the best booster seat at an affordable price. Are there any booster seats out there that can be trusted for under say $100.
My six year old has outgrown her car seat and my four year old is about to outgrow his and I feel like it's time to upgrade to booster seats.
My 4 year old son is 40lb 43.25inches
My 6 year old daughter is 38lbs 44.25 inches

They will both keep whatever we put them in buckled.

We are tight for space in our vehicle as we have 6 kids in a Honda Pilot.

Any advice or suggestions is appreciated.

Thanks in advance

ADS

abigaylebelle

Are you looking for a belt positioning booster or a harness for the kids? I’d recommend a harness for your 4 year old unless he is nearly 5. For the 6 year old how close is she to 40 pounds? As in, is she 38lbs with her clothes and shoes?

Lastly, which seats of the pilot are they riding in, and what other kids and seats are in there?

U

Unregistered

Are you looking for a belt positioning booster or a harness for the kids? I’d recommend a harness for your 4 year old unless he is nearly 5. For the 6 year old how close is she to 40 pounds? As in, is she 38lbs with her clothes and shoes?

Lastly, which seats of the pilot are they riding in, and what other kids and seats are in there?

Thank you for responding.
The four-year-old will be 5 in about six weeks. I'm not really sure on which kind of car seat to choose. It sounds like a belt positioning booster might work since he's almost 5? My kids all have the fear of death instilled in them when it comes to seat belts. The entire vehicle goes up in panic if we start to drive and someone's not buckled correctly.

The four-year-old is in the middle row behind the driver. To his right is a 10 year old boy in a no back booster seat and to his right is a 10 year old girl in a no-back booster seat. We might be able to move the four-year-old to the middle. Both of the 10 year olds have special needs and are small for their age, so I don't see them growing out of the boosters any time soon.

The 6 year old girl is in the third row behind the driver. To her right is an 11 year old boy then a nine-year-old boy. Neither of them are in boosters.
The six-year-old is 38 lb with her clothes but not shoes.

Dillipop

One more question- what seats are they growing out of and how? Standing Height? Shoulders over the top slot? Ears over the top is the seat? Weight?

U

Unregistered

One more question- what seats are they growing out of and how? Standing Height? Shoulders over the top slot? Ears over the top is the seat? Weight?

I'm sorry for the delay in response. I believe my son has outgrown his in weight by a few pounds. I believe my daughter is approaching the height limit on hers. It is hard for me to see the height and weight limits without taking the seat out of the vehicle because of where they are placed. I take them out a couple of times a year to wash the liners which is when I measure the kids and see how they're doing.
On my daughter's car seat the shoulder straps are right at the tops of her shoulders. On my son's car seat his shoulders are half an inch to an inch under the shoulder straps.
The top of my daughter's car seat is about halfway between her ears and the top of her head.
The top of my son's car seat is about a half an inch lower than the tip of his ears.

Dillipop

What seats are they currently in? It sounds like your son is too tall for his seat and your daughter is super close to being too tall.

Knowing the seats they are growing out of will help us make a recommendation for a new seat- one that can accommodate taller kids.

U

Unregistered

I have tried to reply several times, but I guess it isn't going through.
My daughter is in a Britax Roundabout 55, and my son is in a Britax roundabout. I need to get new car seats This week so any help would be appreciated.
Thank you everyone for trying to help me get this figured out.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC