Nuna Rava or Clek? Or...?

U

Unregistered

Hi, we are in the market for a high-end convertible seat for our 9 month old.

I like the safety and minimalist design/easy to clean features of the Clek.

But, I prefer the ease-of-use and comfort features of the Nuna (push button recline, easy to install, secure install, non-rethread belts). I don’t like how hard it is to clean.

Our son tends to go ballistic when we put him in his infant seat (possibly because he hates the position it puts him in) so, having a seat that is easy to adjust seems desirable.

Any suggestions will be much appreciated.

ADS
U

Unregistered

Hi Wendy, thanks for the quick reply!

He’s 26”, 21#.

His current car seat is: KeyFit 30 Zip Air

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
You removed the insert under his bum? That's required at 11 pounds.

All seats pass the same safety tests, so that's the easy part. You can buy a $40 seat and know that it's passed very stringent testing, and have no worries about safety, provided you're using it properly.

The Rava is fairly easy to install, just remember to lock the belt and bring out the door side side impact pod every time you install.

The Clek is easily wipeable, but I don't know that I'd call it easy to clean if you need to do more than wipe it down (wiping it down does, I will say, get most of it if you have a krypton fabric). Your baby is four pounds away from the Foonf's rear facing lower anchor weight limit, just fyi. The "new" lockoffs (only because I've been doing this a lot longer than Clek's been making carseats) are really nice, but the seat does have a learning curve.

You could also look at the Britax ClickTight convertibles as very easy to install seats, they're shipping with longer crotch straps, which were a huge complaint before. They're not super long, but longER.

With your Keyfit, try removing the headrest if you haven't already, and try adjusting the recline if you can to sit it more upright. He may appreciate that while you're shopping for a new seat.

Wendy

U

Unregistered

Wow, thanks again Wendy! This is really helpful.

We removed the infant insert and pillow long ago. He’s a big boy. Our first - so it was a surprise at how fast he grew. Lol.

We have a Subaru Forester so getting the seat into the approved incline required maxing out the leveling leg - can’t get him any more upright. :(

MelodyoftheForest

As far as getting it to install more upright, you still may be able too. If the recline foot is all the way out, try putting it in a notch and only push back into the seat when tightening instead of pushing down on the base near the belt path. If that makes it too upright, put the recline foot all the way out again but push down near the belt path. I found those small tweaks can really make a difference with the KeyFit.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC