Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread

Ezonpro Vest in Rental Car

We are a family of four planning our vacation for the summer and are renting a minivan. We’ll be doing a lot of driving but don’t know what to do about our daughter who is in an Ezonpro Vest. Has anyone got any experience using one in a rental car?

We have it setup in our cars, but we had a mechanic fix it in properly. I looked at the Ezonpro website but I’m struggling to understand how it will work because we can't switch out the fixings in our cars into the rental car. I know you can rent car seats from rental companies, so do rental cars have the fixing points for seats installed? I phoned the rental company but they say we’ll only know the exact vehicle when we get there so I can’t look online for manuals or information.

Does anyone have any advice? Thanks!

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Admin - CPST Instructor wendytthomas's Avatar

Re: Ezonpro Vest in Rental Car

Do you mean does a rental car have a top tether? If you need a single tether, yes, all cars since 2001 have three top tether anchors. But they don't have dual tether anchors if that's what you need for your vest. They also don't have floor mounts. It depends what you had done for your van, and which vest you use. Can you share more about your vest?

Wendy
    wendy, cpst-i mom to
    piper, 7/26/02, 62", 100#, seatbelt, driving her own car
    laine 9/16/09, 53", 92#, Nuna Aaces, Chicco KidFit
    in my husband's 2018 Toyota Land Cruiser, my 2017 Volvo XC90, and big sister's 2016 Honda Civic

Hi, thanks. She’s in the 103Z Vest. We have two fixings behind the seats in our cars that hold the anchoring straps which buckle onto her hips and then over the seat onto her shoulders.

If the rental car has three of the anchors but won’t have any “dual tether anchors” do you mean that there will be anchors, but only one on each seat for three separate seats? We need two on one seat unfortunately. I looked on the Ezonpro website and found other anchoring straps but I want to use what we have.

Thanks!

I've found out online that some of the manufacturers have weight limits for their anchors. I can’t check because we won’t know the exact vehicle until we get there, but I also read that the anchors only go up to 65lbs for every manufacturer. Is that right?

I’m hoping it’s wrong, because if it’s right it means using the anchors isn’t an option. Am I missing something?

Thanks!

CPST and ketchup snob ketchupqueen's Avatar

Right, you can't just use the lower anchors in a rental car (or your car.) You need to use the floor mount kit if your vest is set up for floor mount, which means it can't be used in a vehicle that hasn't been modified for it.
    CPST and Mom to Emma, 15, Bridget, 13, Maggie, 11, Katie Sue, 6, Jimmy, born May 2019,
    and Becky, waiting for us as part of our eternal family.
    Our '02 Odyssey, car seats, and seatbelts saved our lives. Now riding in a '13 Odyssey!