Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Seat belt help!

Seat belt help!

I came across a seat belt issue that I cannot find the answer for. My kids are still in backless boosters (ages 9 and 11). Iím pretty sure My oldest will soon be able to sit without one. But last night I had to sit in the back seat of my Buick Enclave and the seat belt strap came across my neck. Itís not adjustable like it is in the front. I had to hold the strap down for the entire car ride. How is this going to work with kids. Iím 5ft 2inches. Thereís no way they will be taller than me anytime soon but I canít keep then in a booster until they are 16 either. Will they just have to keep holding it down off their neck once they are out of the booster?
    My son is 11 weighs 62 pounds and is 4ft 7 inches so probably by the time he is 12 he will be ready.

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Admin - CPST Instructor wendytthomas's Avatar

Re: Seat belt help!

Shifting toward the middle of the car a little may ease their comfort. It's not a safety issue, likely, just a comfort one. But without three people in there, they can shift more than you probably could with both of their boosters next to you.

Wendy
    wendy, cpst-i mom to
    piper, 7/26/02, 62", 100#, seatbelt, driving her own car
    laine 9/16/09, 53", 92#, Nuna Aaces, Chicco KidFit
    in my husband's 2018 Toyota Land Cruiser, my 2017 Volvo XC90, and big sister's 2016 Honda Civic

CPS Technician

Boobs can often interfere with seat belt fit on adult women. The belt fit on an average or slender teen is often better than on adult females with larger chests.

My son is bigger than yours and still finds the Incognito booster helps him sit more comfortably in some spots, even if he 5 steps. I donít think it changes the belt fit a lot, but it gives enough boost to help.