Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread

Carry on Backless Booster

Will be taking the kiddos on their first flight this year when we head to Disney World! It was no question for me that we are bringing my 3-year-old's Graco Atlas for the plane ride because I want him restrained. We will be taking the Disney transportation to our hotel, but since we will be renting a car for one day of the trip to go to Cape Canaveral, I am coming to the realization that we are going to need a booster seat solution for our 6 year old. Bonus is that he is super tall and sits in a booster like a champ, so we can easily get by with a backless booster.

I am just wondering if I am reading the booster seat policy right and if anyone has any experience with Delta. Can he carry on his backless booster free in addition to a carry-on and a personal item? As long as it fits in the overhead bin or below the seat in front of him? That is how I am reading the policy, but wanted to make sure I was understanding correctly.

We currently have an extra Cosco Rise backless booster for Grandma that I think will easily fit under the seat along with his backpack of toys. I am not totally opposed to buying a Bubble Bum or MiFold if needed, but would like to avoid it.
    Big Boy G: 11/6/2012, 53lb/49", Evenflo Procomfort RightFit HBB, Evenflo Big Kid HBB
    Little Bro C - 12/4/2015, 32lb/38" Graco Nautilus 65 Safety Surround, Graco Atlas 65
    Extra Seats: Graco Nautilus 65, Cosco Apt 50, Evenflo Maestro, Harmony Defender, Graco Turbobooster NBB, Cosco Rise NBB

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

CPS Fanatic

Re: Carry on Backless Booster

I think technically it counts as either his personal or carry on item. Though I have never flown on Delta and the flight attendants might not notice or care that he has a personal item, a carry on and the backless booster. I have placed a backless under the seat in front of me and I have put them in over head bins before.

Re: Carry on Backless Booster

When we flew with a backless booster no one counted it. We just put it in the overhead bin. DD had that and her backpack.
    DD Jan 2005
    RF to 3 1/2 years; Harnessed to 7 1/2 years; Now Boostered