Acura TSX 3 Across

DaltonAmes

I need help figuring out how to fit 3 across in my 2009 Acura TSX.

My kids: 9yrs & 77lbs, 4yrs & 34lbs, newborn (expecting next month)

Car seats I have: Clek Fllo & Britax Frontier 90.

I bought a Maxi-Cosi RodiFix Highback booster thinking that we could make that fit. I’m still in the return window for that if there’s something better for the 9 year old? Can I even make 3 fit with the Frontier 90 & Clek? I can always switch the Frontier 90 to another car & buy a more narrow high back harness booster (for the 4 year old) if there is one?

Thanks!

ADS

MelodyoftheForest

The Graco Tranzitions/Wayz and the Chicco MyFit as well as the Harmony Defender are narrower than the Frontier if you need a replacement. A backless booster for your oldest could help also, if that is an option you are comfortable with.

DaltonAmes

How do those compare to IMMI Go? I was wondering if I should try the IMMI Go, Clek, & Rodi-Fix? But I’m not set on the IMMI Go, I just read that it’s a very narrow, good, harness booster.

MelodyoftheForest

The thing with the Go is that is best to install it with the lower anchors, and in a three across situation, installing all seats with the seat belt (and of course top tether for forward facers) is generally best. So the Go often makes a great travel seat, but may not be best in your situation.

DaltonAmes

Would a backless booster take up a lot less space than the Rodi-fix? Which backless boosters are narrow?
I’m seeing two different Chicco MyFit, one is LE. I’m trying to figure out if one of those is more narrow and I could use that with the Rodi-fix and Clek?

Thanks so much for your help!

MelodyoftheForest

The Harmony Youth backless is often good for three across, and there is a similar Cosco I can never remember the name of. The MyFit LE has more convenience features but is the same size as the regular MyFit.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC