Three across in 2007 Honda Accord

U

Unregistered

Hello, and thank you in advance!

I am looking for the safest and most cost effective way to fit 3 across in a 2007 Honda Accord. I realize I could buy 3 Radians, but I'd like to save a little money if possible. This is for my husband's car, and will only be used to pick the kids up from school and drive them home (my car is our primary vehicle).

I have an almost 5 yr old (May) currently in a forward facing Britax Pioneer, an almost 3 yr old (May) in a forward facing Britax Pioneer, and a 1.5 yr old (July) in a rear facing Britax Marathon. We have a month to go before the car seats will be in use.

The only other option I can see, other than buying 3 Radians, is to buy Radians for the older two forward facing children, and puzzle it with a rear facing Cosco Scenera for the younger child, then move the oldest to a Graco Turbobooster and the younger child to the Radian when she turns two (oldest would be 5yrs 3mos when moving to Turbobooster). Does this work in this vehicle, and is this safe?

Has anyone had success with any other less expensive method in this vehicle? We would hate to have to buy a new vehicle for what will be 2 hrs a week of drive time.

I greatly appreciate any help you can give!! =)

ADS

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
Hi there.

You have lots of options.

For the older two, depending on their height and weight, I'd look at the Cosco Finale, Graco Tranzitions/Wayz, Harmony Defender, Chicco MyFit.

For the baby, you could do a Radian, but you could also do a Cosco Scenera Next.

But you could probably do this whole project for about $200. The price of a single Radian, rather than $200 each.

Wendy

U

Unregistered

Thank you, Wendy! Do you know if 2 Finales would fit in the driver side and center seats, with the rear facing Scenera on the passenger side back seat? I'm not sure how to find this out without just buying the seats and trying it out.

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
I think it may be better to have the Scenera in the middle, but I'd try them in that configuration first if that's what you want.

Keep the receipts and don't pull off any tags, just try the seats with a full install. Then return if you need to.

Wendy

Dillipop

For the future, I don’t find the turbo booster to be a friendly 3 across option in the 2007 accord. It’s too boxy and doesn’t play well with the bolsters. The harmony youth and Cosco topside work much better.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC