Looking for help with puzzling three across, kids 9, 6, 4

U

Unregistered

I have 3 kids age 9 (53.5in), age 6 (48.5in) and age 4 in January (40.5in). Youngest still rides RF and hasn't outgrown RF in either seat.

Cars and current seats:
2014 Forester: RF Foonf, FF Radian, FF Radian. My 9 yr old is still in a 5point as there is no room for him to reach the seatbelt buckle and he still fits in the 5point. For the radian, my understanding is that 9yr old hasn't outgrown it FF until his ears go past the top of the shell (is this correct)?
2006 Accord: RF graco (i think, but I forgot which one), bubble bum, Harmony Defender. I realized yesterday that the bubble bum isn't installed correctly because the middle seat in the accord has no head rest.

I'm trying to figure out what booster I need to buy and how to puzzle the seats best fit in the Accord.

I'm considering two options.

ONE:
Leave Forester as is with Foonf, Radian, Radian. Would switch Foonf to FF in near future.
Switch Accord to following seats: Harmony Defender for 4yr old, Graco Highback Booster in middle for 6yr old, Bubble Bum for 9 yr old

TWO:
Forester: remove Radian and put 9 yr old in booster. Thinking RF Foonf, FF Radian, Graco Turbobooster (without highback)
Accord: Harmony Defender, FF Radian, Bubble Bum

Baby #4 is due in May, so this is temporary as we are in the market for a minivan in the next 6mo. Also, all three kids are only in the Accord twice a week for a short trip across town.

Are there other narrow options I should consider?
TY!

ADS

MelodyoftheForest

It sounds like you have some great options here! I think option 2 might be the way to go for overall ease of buckling. My only suggestion is to try the Harmony or Cosco backless boosters sold at Wal-Mart instead of the Graco backless. The Turbobooster is very blocky, and the other two are contoured in a way that could make buckling much easier. Good luck!

abigaylebelle

For the accord you could try the Graco seat rf in the center with the harmony and the bubblebum outboard. I daresay the Graco convertibles tend to sit up on a base and should be high enough to get the boosters buckled on the sides.

For the forester I have found that the rf seat center with boosters outboard is easier for me. I can slide the booster out a bit to buckle and then slide the kiddo back in. Depending on your oldest child’s weight the safety first incognito might work since it has hooks rather than armrests like the bubblebum.

I agree with the previous poster regarding other narrow backless options, Cosco rise or harmony youth booster.

Last edited:

Dillipop

In the accord, does your son have support from the middle seat to the tips of his ears? If so, even without a head rest, you can use the bubblebum in that spot. I feel like my mom’s 06 backseat it pretty high and my 12 year old can sit in the center and still have support.

U

Unregistered

thanks for all the suggestions! I had not heard of any of the boosters mentioned, so I'll check them out.

On the accord, I'm not sure if his ears come to the top. I'll check that tonight.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC