Diono under NHTSA Investigation

MamaBear2018

A brand that I have come to love is under a NHTSA investigation for a 2017 recall they went through. I seriously LOVE my Radian RXT so much! I am sad to see this....

I'm not sure if this is a big deal or not considering our children's safety is 110%! I just saw the article on ABC News so I decided to look up investigations under NHTSA's website, and low behold, they are under investigation as of July 2018. I decided to reach out to their customer support and no one got back to me about this.

ADS

murphydog77

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
Did you happen to see this on a Minneapolis news station's web site, by chance? This recall notice hit Facebook by storm over the weekend and caused parents to panic over recalls issued either months ago or last year—frankly it was clickbait in it's purest form.

However, that's not to say that parents and caregivers shouldn't be aware of any recalls on their carseats! Owners should always register their seats so that companies can contact them in the event of a recall since not everyone is able to watch every news story every day for press releases about recalls. https://www.nhtsa.gov/equipment/car-seats-and-booster-seats#registration

The Diono recall specifically only applies if you are using the harness above 65 lbs. when installed with a lap-only seat belt WITHOUT using the top tether. That's a pretty specific set of circumstances and even with the recall fix, you may not want to use the seat since the fix makes the crotch strap so short. https://us.diono.com/safety-notices/

Here's a good recall list that's much easier to read than the NHTSA recall list (and still just as accurate): http://www.buckleupnc.org/car-seat-recall-list/

MamaBear2018

UPDATE: I have called customer support since this post and I can't reach anyone there. I am based in PST time and I called from 8am-5pm and every-time I get "No agents are available at this time". I did reach out to the person in charge at NHTSA and the are still under investigation.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC