What happened to the Safety 1st Incognito?

U

Unregistered

Weight: 84lbs
Torso Height to Shoulder: 19 inches
Pant size: 12 Slim

My son does not truely 5-step in his desired seating positon in our Honda Oddysey. He rides in a Greco Affix in the Oddysey and would like to switch to the Incognito, which he uses in our Corolla. I went to order the Incognito and see that they are discontinued but still avalible.

1. Why was the Incognito discontinued (poor sales or safety issues)?
2. Is there a better seat for him than the Incognito?

ADS

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
It's perfectly safe. It didn't sell as well as they'd hoped, I guess.

You could look at the Harmony Youth Booster. It's another low profile booster. Not like the Incognito, but less obvious than the Affix.

Wendy

bella_1818

Thanks Wendy! I actually was able to remember my password and log-in to reply. I don't hang out here anymore and just wanted to make sure there wasn't a safety issue to be aware of with the Incognito. I imagine there wasn't a big market for seats for big kids :(

I can't believe Piper is driving her own car. I feel old. Glad to see you are still here giving advise. You were a huge help to me in a different stage of life.

aporthole

This is correct. They aren’t discontinued. A lot of places are low/out of stock recently. Safety 1st’s website has them available for purchase directly with free shipping. A few retailers like jet.com also have them at a discount. Amazon lists them as temporarily out of stock.

U

Unregistered

Does anyone know if these will be made available again? It looks like everywhere is out of stock. I have a 9 year old who doesn’t like her booster but she’s not quite ready to go without one.

U

Unregistered

This is such a bummer! We have one for one car and were hoping to get a second. We haven't found anything else quite the same for an almost 4'11" nine year old who really just needs a tiny boost and guides to make the seatbelt hit right on the hips and shoulder. Most boosters are way too tall.

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
The RightGuide is in the same category of heightless boosters, and Graco is known for providing children with a great belt fit on every single booster they make. They take pride in it, and I don't know that the IIHS has given them anything less than a Best Fit since they've started testing belt fit on boosters.

Wendy

SixteenFeet

The RightGuide is in the same category of heightless boosters, and Graco is known for providing children with a great belt fit on every single booster they make. They take pride in it, and I don't know that the IIHS has given them anything less than a Best Fit since they've started testing belt fit on boosters.

Wendy

OMG thank you for this!!! This is probably exactly what I need for my 10yo twins who are outgrowing their Harmony Youth boosters and need a good carpool and travel option. Kind of expensive, but so is the Incognito. They don't list dimensions but this looks like it has a much narrower profile than the Incognito which would be great for dealing with carpooling and 3-across situations, and portability. And it has a similar height and weight limit as the Incognito. This and the Incognito are the only 2 boosters I know of that have a height limit above 57 inches. It's not on Amazon (yet)...but I did find this review: https://csftl.org/graco-turbobooster-grow-review/.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC