It's sad when this excites someone

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
But I got a new to me, soon to expire, Graco Snugride in French Bear! Yay! LOL DOM is 10/29/01 on the seat and 02/22/02 on the base. It's actually in REALLY good condition. Amazingly so. The locking clip is on the back, the harness is fine, the stickers are all there, the handle goes up and down, the canopy is there, it even smells nice. The Graco badge is missing from the front of the base, but big deal, I never see those. LOL

1969658388_5f03bf3412.jpg

1968815449_bd0dcabfc9.jpg

1968798537_82f0f523b2.jpg

1969605716_d95d0efd89.jpg

It was so odd seeing an infant seat in my car. We never used an infant seat with Piper.

Wendy

ADS

ThreeBeans

If the seat is 10/29/01 then it IS expired, right?

Why are you excited about an expired seat in your car? I'm stumped :p

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
No, it says "Do not use after December 2007" so it's go another few weeks (though *I* wouldn't put precious cargo in it).

I'm tickled to see it in my back seat. It's not back there anymore. I got it for educational purposes. I'm also trying to add a combination seat to my collection (I have convertibles, low back, and no back boosters of my own, I needed an infant seat, and now I need a combination seat). Right now it's on my bedroom floor and I've been amusing myself by putting my cat in it. LOL If he had broader shoulders it would have worked. Obviously he's got a good temperament.

Wendy

elle7715

Right now it's on my bedroom floor and I've been amusing myself by putting my cat in it. LOL If he had broader shoulders it would have worked. Obviously he's got a good temperament.

I'm relatively new here, and I've seen some pretty odd statements about carseat obsession. This takes the cake though! :ROTFLMAO:

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
LOL I can post pictures too, later. It took two tries to get pictures. For those interested cats do not have shoulders wide enough to hold them in before they can just turn their bodies over and get out of the harness. Though what to do with his tail was less of a worry than I thought it would be. And like I said, he has a good temperament. My other three cats would have freaked and I would have bled. But he purred the entire time, even with me holding onto his hands so he couldn't wiggle his arms out. LOL

I've got pictures of him in a baby sling as well. He uses the slings more now than Piper, though still not often. He just gets so under foot.

Wendy

mykidsmylife

That is the infant seat my inlaws have and Seth used when we were there last winter...

Okay now that is a riot about the cats. Poor cats... :(

shellebelle

Senior Community Member
My cat would go bananas if I tried to put her in it. She screams over the silliest stuff.

That pattern was all the rage at my first few checkup events.

MsFacetious

I was with Beans... wondering what in the hell was so exciting about this! I wondered if this was like your way of announcing something. lol

I understand your enthusiasm though. :) Carseat collecting.... lol

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
The small chest clip on the Radian works well with cats... :whistle:

ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It would, wouldn't it!?

Putting him in: He's hard to see being all black, but I'm holding his hands and he was purring his fool head off.
1971619442_e73c9d850f.jpg

Holding him still for the half second it took to take the picture:
1970769999_f044f90bd7.jpg

Because then he hopped out. This was tightened enough against his body. So people, PSA here, do NOT put your cats in infant seats. LOL
1970749103_f358dc8daf.jpg
1971558558_5049add581.jpg

Disclaimer: No cats were harmed or upset in the taking of these photos. This cat will seriously purr when being held upside down by his hind legs. You can pick up his back legs by pulling up on his tail and then spin him in circles. He purrs the whole time. You don't even need to touch him and he starts purring. If for some reason he's NOT purring when you hold him (which in his 6.5 years has happened I think six times) you give his tail a tweak and he purrs. Like an old crank start motor. He purrs through vet exams and rubs against their equipment and legs.

Now my other cats.... That would have been an SPCA issue if I'd tried this with them. Plus a 911 issue. But my little black kitty (his name is Fin, short for Finito. My husband named him, he's our youngest and last, my perpetual baby cat) doesn't care. Even my cat hating husband says he's the perfect cat. Everyone loves Fin.

Wendy

MorgieBear'sMama

:scratcheshead: Hmmm...I have a cat and an old kolcraft infant seat, that dd uses for her babies. :)

No, he'd probably scratch my eyes out, although he does love to sit in the carseats when I take them out of the van.

canadianmom2three

he purred the entire time, even with me holding onto his hands so he couldn't wiggle his arms out. LOL

I've got pictures of him in a baby sling as well. He uses the slings more now than Piper, though still not often. He just gets so under foot.

Wendy

:ROTFLMAO:If the whole post isn't entertaining enough, the part about you holding his hands so his arms wouldn't wiggle out made me laugh even more.....I think on cats those are called legs and paws;):p that in combo with being in the baby sling makes him seem almost babylike

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
:ROTFLMAO:If the whole post isn't entertaining enough, the part about you holding his hands so his arms wouldn't wiggle out made me laugh even more.....I think on cats those are called legs and paws;):p that in combo with being in the baby sling makes him seem almost babylike

LOL I didn't even think of that. He's my baby cat. You can cradle him in your arms and bounce him a bit and he'll fall asleep right with you. So sometimes it's hard to remember that he's not human. He's just a black furry baby. Who purrs. Purring makes everything better. Some day humans will evolve to purr. LOL

Wendy

mamaofthree

Awwwww, that's the infant seat I used for my first two dd's. Brings back memories.

Love the cat photos and stories. I hate cats and heck, I want a baby Fin!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC