Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread
    Kellyp

3 across in Volvo xc90

Hi there! I have a 6 year old still in a 5pt harness foonf and needing to be in a booster, but it doesnít fit in my 3across backseat of my ML350 suv. His sisters: 4 year old in rear facing foonf (could be turned around but still very petite - 35 lbs) and 16 months still in a bucket seat but should be in a rear facing convertible. We need a new car but havenít figured out what to get - due to fit of the 3!

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

CPS Technician

Re: 3 across in Volvo xc90

The 2 Foonfs plus a Maxi-Cosi RodiFix or a Peg Perego Flex 120 for the oldest should work well. If you get the XC90 with the integrated center booster seat, you could use that for the 6yo in the middle and the 2 Foonfs on the sides.

CPS Technician

Iíd also highly suggest taking a look at the VW Atlas. It is very kid/car seat friendly. It has more front to back space in the 2nd and 3rd row than the XC90 too. The SEL with R-Line package is an extremely nice vehicle. If I were shopping for a new car in that vehicle class, the Atlas would be far and away my top choice.

Unregistered

Thanks for the replies! With respect to the xc90 center integrated booster, have you seen a child in it with two car seats beside? Iím concerned he will feel really low and squished?

Those two recommended boosters donít sound familiar to me. I should mention I am in Canada...

Also, Iíll definitely check out the Atlas!

CPS Technician

I donít believe the Maxi-Cosi RodiFix is available in Canada but I know the Peg Perego Flex 120 is.

Thereís more info on the XC90 and integrated booster on the Car Seat Ladyís page here: https://thecarseatlady.com/vehicles/suv/volvo-xc90/