3 across in Dodge Journey or 3rd Row seat usage?

C

CourtneyM

Hello. I am needing help fitting 3 kiddos into my 2017 Dodoge Journey. I have a 3 year old who is 28.7lbs and 36in currently rear facing in a Graco My Size 65 and a 7 year old who is 44.4lbs and 46.5in in a Graco Nautilus highback booster with a seat belt. My 7 year old has a pretty long torso so just last month we switched to the seatbelt after her complianing of the harness digging into her shoulders. Right now they both ride in the 2nd row of my Journey just fine but 2 days a week I pick my 5 year old neice up from school and now that it is getting colder I can no longer walk with the kids and need to figure out how to get them all in my car. My neice is shorter but heavier than my 7 year old but I do not know her exact measurements. Her mom has her in a high back booster with a seat belt (not my first choice since she cannot even buckle the seat belt) but it's what she is used to. I am okay putting her in a harnessed seat but I cannot afford to spend a lot on new seats. We currently have 2 of each of my children's seats and I hoped to just use my daughters extra Nautilus for my neice but there is no way all 3 fit in my 2nd row. Is anyone aware of a combo that does fit 3 seats in the 2nd row? If not is the Nautilus allowed to be in the 3rd row without a tether if it's just as a high back with seat belt and not being harnessed? Any recommendations are appreciated. I would prefer to keep my 3 year old rear facing if there is a possible solution that allows it, as he is well under the 40lb weight limit and still within the height limit as well. Thanks so much!!

ADS

aporthole

The Nautilus in booster mode without the harness does not need to be tethered. You could use that for your niece in the 3rd row.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC