Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread

ImmiGo for three across?

We are moving overseas. We need an easy to travel with FFing car seat for our 3.5 year old. Once we arrive in Europe, we will be driving a (US spec) 2018 Subaru Forester. This will be our primary vehicle and we will need to fit three across in the backseat for even long travel. Our kids are 3.5, 6 and 9. We can squeeze everyone in with a FFing Radian outboard, backless Harmony booster in the middle and high back Harmony Dreamtime booster outboard. However, my 9 year old is uncomfortable in the middle because she doesn't have much shoulder room, so this wouldn't work well for a long trip

I'm tempted to buy an ImmiGo for my 3.5 year old since I *think* it might fit in the middle seat. Is this equally as safe as the Radian? The lack of sides worries me slightly. Is there any risk to my 3.5 year old if we were in an accident and his shoulders hit his brother's high back booster?

Thanks for your input.

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

CPS Technician

Re: ImmiGo for three across?

The IMMI Go can be a real pain to install with the seat belt and can be incompatible in some vehicles with a belt install. I don’t know how well it works in the center of the Forester. Using the Go on a side seat with the 9yo in the middle should give more room than the Radian though.

If the 9yo is at least 60 lb, something like the Safety 1st Incognito might be a more comfortable option than the Harmony booster as well.

4. Thank You from: