Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Backless Booster for Older/Larger Child

Hi, I need to find a backless booster for my daughter and having some trouble finding one that will accommodate her. She is 6 years old, weighs more than 100 lb and is already 56 inches tall.

Our state law says she needs to be both 8 and 60 lb before she can ride without a booster. Most boosters I am finding have a max weight of 100 lb and are for children up to 57 inches tall. She meets the height max at the moment, but being only one inch away, she'll outgrow it soon.

My husband is 6'4 and I am 5'9. We knew she'd be tall but holy cow. She towers above other kids her age. I honestly am at a loss as to how to get her to age 8 while still following the law.

Is there anything out there that will work for her?

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Senior Community Member rachelandtyke's Avatar

Re: Backless Booster for Older/Larger Child

The Safety First Incognito fits up to 60 in. and 120 lbs.
    DD1: 12.7, 65 lbs and 56 in, finally five-stepping!
    DS: 8.8 50 lbs and 49 in, Chicco KidFit, HBTB
    DD2: 5.0, 35 lbs and 42 in, ffing RA50

CPST and ketchup snob ketchupqueen's Avatar

Re: Backless Booster for Older/Larger Child

It's a great choice for tall kids too.
    CPST and Mom to Emma, 14, Bridget, 12, Maggie, 10, Katie Sue, 6
    and Becky, waiting for us as part of our eternal family.
    Our '02 Odyssey, car seats, and seatbelts saved our lives. Now riding in a '13 Odyssey!