Question Installation of car seats with seat covers installed

D

ditter215

Is it safe to install a car seat with base (currently have a Peg Perego Primo Viaggio 4-35 with base, will be upgrading to a Clek Foonf in the near future) with a seat cover installed on the seats in a vehicle? I have a lab mix who frequently will share the back seat of our vehicle, and I want to try and protect our seats. I also want to protect from milk spills, spit up, etc. I have seen factory seat covers that fit more snugly, but cannot seem to find information as to whether the base and seat can be installed over the top of these seat covers (or others). Our family vehicles currently consist of a Honda CR-V and Honda Fit. Thanks!

ADS

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
I don't think Peg allows anything under their seat (at least, not in the manual). However, Clek sells a Mat Thingy they approve, so you can put that under your Clek when you get it.

You can then just put something under the dog. How is your dog restrained? Most labs are in the 70+ pound range, and at 30 mph that's about 2100 pounds of force. Over a literal ton. That's not safe for anyone if the dog is unrestrained. The SleepyPod ClickIt has been tested to FMVSS213 testing and passed, properly restraining a dog of that size, and keeping it from becoming a deadly projectile in a crash. If you don't already have one, I'd get one before the dog is in the car again.

Wendy

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC